1. Patients launch a $1.27 million crowdfunding campaign for ME/CFS gut microbiome study.
    Check out the website, Facebook and Twitter. Join in donate and spread the word!
No Longer Naive in the Ways of The Beast
After having lived for years with ME/CFS, Jody Smith learned there's more to this beast of an illness than she realized, and that what might help one person may not help others ...
Discuss the article on the Forums.

Antibiotics

Discussion in 'Antivirals, Antibiotics and Immune Modulators' started by Daffodil, Nov 3, 2013.

1. Jon_Tradicionali

Jon_Tradicionali Senior Member

Zogor-Ndreaj, Shkodër, Albania
    Notice my clear efforts to dissuade anyone from thinking they will be 100% cured forever...

I've never tried any of them and do not plan on doing so, like I said, they are backed up only by individual accounts.

I apologise if ayahuasca did not do anything for you, but you should have realised by now that we as humans, as well as patients, are different and react differently to anything we put into our bodies.
    Last edited: Feb 26, 2014
  2. knackers323

knackers323 Senior Member

Anyone heard more about this Ramos guys treatment?
  3. Jon_Tradicionali

No

But considering he claims KDM was on the right track, I presume his treatment would be something along the lines of ABX, probiotics and herbal biofilm breakers.

But I wouldn't worry too much, we have almost figured it out ourselves.
    maryb likes this.
  4. Daffodil

Daffodil Senior Member

hi Jon. So...you really think antibiotics are the answer? What makes you say so?
    thanks
    xoxo
  5. Daffodil

Daffodil Senior Member

hi alexa. just wondering if you are still on IV or abx and how you are doing now....

thanks
    xoxo
  6. Jon_Tradicionali

Hi @Daffodil

I don't mean to be lazy (hate that word) but below is a post I made a few minutes ago which I think also applied to your question:

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Bacteria causes CFS. Or does it? Here is a few ways to find out:

"Based on Kirby-Bauer antimicrobial susceptibility data, streptococci were found to be generally susceptible to cephalothin, erythromycin, nitrofurantoin, penicillin, and ticarcillin and clavulanate. Resistance to antimicrobials has not developed over the years, except for gentamicin and tetracycline against S. equisimilis."

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/22362945

The above antimicrobials are effective against Strep which KDM found an abnormal representation in all PWCFS in comparison with controls. Some of the effective antimicrobials listed above are intravenous which are generally more potent than oral variants.

Onwards
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
  7. Daffodil

Daffodil Senior Member

but there is an abnormal representation of a many many many microbes in CFS....
  8. Jon_Tradicionali

Correct.

The post only mentions ABX potent for Strep bacteria. I only mentioned Strep as KDM mhkmentioned this bacteria to be distinctively overgrown in PWCFS and so it deserved the most attention.

Jadin rotates 4-5 different antimicrobials to treat PWCFS. Although she claims she is treating ricketsae, no one can be sure what is it that the ABX is actually killing that's achieved remission for over 80% of her patients. (Don't quote me on %)

The list of antimicrobials mentioned on my post above have a very good chance of achieving remission in my opinion and I'd take them in a heartbeat if I had the prescription.

Lassesen used Jadins ABX protocol to achieve remission also. You can read about it on his site if you're interested.
  9. Daffodil

Daffodil Senior Member

thank you so much, jon. hmm I wonder if KDM's abx will have the same effect on me!

love
    sue
  10. Katherine

Katherine

UK
    Where did you get that from? If that was true about 97% success rate, I'm sure all his patients would know about that. I was never told that. It's certainly something that you would want to broadcast if it was true.
  11. Jon_Tradicionali

Apparently KDM said it himself. It was my response to a post by Daffodil. Below is the last part of it:

"a friend who saw him recently told me that he says he has a 60-some % success rate over 1 - 1 1/2 years(?) and 97% over 3 years...."

I quoted this on my post also. Did you not see it?
  12. Katherine

Katherine

UK
    Thanks. I didn't personally hear this from him though and I saw him last year.
    snowathlete likes this.
  13. Sushi

Sushi Moderator and Senior Member Albuquerque

Albuquerque
    I have been his patient for over 3 years and have never heard him mention a 97% success rate. Maybe that was for a certain subset?

Sushi
    snowathlete and justy like this.
  14. justy

justy Senior Member

U.K
    If you watch his series of videos he seems to claim that there is no cure, but that for the younger age group, ill less time he would expect and hope to achieve a 90% improvement in functioning. For those older and ill for longer he would hope to, and tends to achieve a 50% improvement in functioning for the patient.

This seems realistic to me, and of course would also depend on what infections you have and what sunset you fit.
    merylg and snowathlete like this.
  15. justy

justy Senior Member

U.K
    I was going to edit my above post to change Sunset, for sub set. But sunset sounds much nicer!
    merylg, serg1942, rosie26 and 3 others like this.
  16. Jon_Tradicionali

Haha yes leave it!

:))
  17. maryb

maryb iherb code TAK122

UK
    50% improvement in functioning - Not for me unfortunately but there's still hope.
  18. justy

justy Senior Member

U.K
    @maryb I do hope so. For you and all of us...

I can only try. I'm sorry you didn't get much help from him, I also haven't had much help from other doctors that people rave about so I know how hard it is. KDM is my last Dr to try before I decide to rearrange my life even further to fit this damn disease.
    merylg likes this.
  19. maryb

maryb iherb code TAK122

UK
    @justy
    my main worry for you is that you don't tolerate a/biotics well and much of his treatment is based on a/biotics.
    justy likes this.
  20. knackers323

knackers323 Senior Member

So how far off an answer do you think we are Jon?

See more popular forum discussions.