Review: 'Through the Shadowlands’ describes Julie Rehmeyer's ME/CFS Odyssey
I should note at the outset that this review is based on an audio version of the galleys and the epilogue from the finished work. Julie Rehmeyer sent me the final version as a PDF, but for some reason my text to voice software (Kurzweil) had issues with it. I understand that it is...
Discuss the article on the Forums.

Anti-inflammatory drugs for depression: new review points to benefits, but more research needed

Discussion in 'Other Health News and Research' started by Bob, Nov 28, 2014.

1. Bob

Bob

England (south coast)
    Anti-inflammatory drugs for depression: new review points to benefits, but more research needed
    Helge Hasselmann
    Nov 28 2014
    The Mental Elf
    http://www.thementalelf.net/mental-...-points-to-benefits-but-more-research-needed/

This seems like a careful summary of a nuanced review paper on the subject.

Some extracts from the article...

shannah, Valentijn and Marco like this.
  2. Bob

Bob

England (south coast)
    This is the research paper that the article is based on:

Köhler, O., Benros, M. E., Nordentoft, M., Farkouh, M. E., Iyengar, R. L., Mors, O., & Krogh, J. (2014). Effect of Anti-inflammatory Treatment on Depression, Depressive Symptoms, and Adverse Effects. JAMA Psychiatry. doi:10.1001/jamapsychiatry.2014.1611 [PubMed abstract]

Last edited: Nov 28, 2014
  3. Marco

Marco Grrrrrrr!

Near Cognac, France
    On one and only one occasion a single Celebrex absolutely abolished my lifelong anxiety for a few hours shortly after taking it - not reduced but abolished completely. Unfortunately the box is ten years old (as they were at the time) and I haven't been able to repeat this and it could just be co-incidence but I haven't had another similar experience?

natasa778 and Bob like this.

See more popular forum discussions.