Review: 'Through the Shadowlands’ describes Julie Rehmeyer's ME/CFS Odyssey
I should note at the outset that this review is based on an audio version of the galleys and the epilogue from the finished work. Julie Rehmeyer sent me the final version as a PDF, but for some reason my text to voice software (Kurzweil) had issues with it. I understand that it is...
Discuss the article on the Forums.

Anti inflammatories for intestines

Discussion in 'The Gut: De Meirleir & Maes; H2S; Leaky Gut' started by Ekaterina, Nov 9, 2015.

1. Ekaterina

Ekaterina

Russia
    Hi, guys!
    Can you advise me some good anti inflammatories for my intestines? I have adhesions from previous surgery and it provokes bacterial growth and inflammation. My CFS symptoms is out of control now( I take prebiotics and it helps, but I need something more to reduce inflammation. Help please!

2. msf

msf Senior Member

I have been prescribed Mesalazine before (I didn´t notice much effect, if any), but I think it depends on what your exact issues are. What does your Gastroenterologist say about it?

I´ve found that the FODMAP diet has been best for reducing inflammation, or at least IBS and ME symptoms.

3. Ekaterina

Ekaterina

Russia
    My GI thinks I have inflammation due to the growth of bacteria. I took Rifaximin but it only made things worse. I'm looking for some agent that I can take long time and that doesn't have much side effects. Mb herbs or something. My GI doesn't know anything about it, he only can prescribe antibiotics.

4. msf

msf Senior Member

Well, I also have problems because of the growth of bacteria, and the FODMAP diet helped me a lot - it restricts certain bacteria from growing by removing their favourite nutrients.

Ekaterina likes this.
  5. maryb

maryb iherb code TAK122

UK
    I can't do the FODMAP, I eat too many of the vegetables restricted, I can't tolerate many of those allowed so its not a goer for me. Someone on FB recently said its worked brilliantly for her, only thing that has, but also a low daily dose of Rifaxamin rather than the mega doses often prescribed by docs.

Ekaterina likes this.
  6. msf

msf Senior Member

Some of those allowed on FODMAP aren´t allowed on Paleo. I try to combine the two.

7. maryb

maryb iherb code TAK122

UK
    Its so bl**dy hard, I eat a very limited diet of veg, meat and some GF bread, few potatoes occ rice, and that's it, can't tolerate eggs which I used to love, no cheese, dairy, sugar, legumes.... sometimes I think is it worth it, then have something I shouldn't and the backlash makes me realise yes it is!!!

Ekaterina likes this.
  8. Rooney

Rooney Senior Member

SE USA
    Deep tissue massage may help loosen adhesions. I know someone this worked on.
    A pro kinetic drug to increase motility.
    Also,I have Postural Tachycardia. My cardio suggested Bentyl as my small veins are too tight. This would increase motility.
    Anti inflammatory drugs are a band-aid and may upset lining of your stomach.
    The Specific Carbo Diet helped my SIBO symptoms.
    Good Luck!

Ekaterina likes this.

See more popular forum discussions.