1. Patients launch a $1.27 million crowdfunding campaign for ME/CFS gut microbiome study.
    Check out the website, Facebook and Twitter. Join in donate and spread the word!
New Exercise Study Brings Both Illumination and Questions
Simon McGrath looks at new objective evidence of abnormal response to exercise in ME/CFS patients, and the questions that researchers are still trying to answer ...
Discuss the article on the Forums.

Anti-Inflammation Diet Cookbook and Information Book?

Discussion in 'Information and Resources' started by Mya Symons, Jan 27, 2013.

1. Mya Symons

Mya Symons Mya Symons

Wyoming
    Is This Where I Ask Questions About a Resource? I hoped I posted this in the correct place.

I am looking for a good anti-inflammation diet cookbook and information book. Does anyone know of one or two good books on anti-inflammation food/and or supplements? There are plenty of them listed on Amazon, but I don't want to spend my little money on one that is not helpful.
    Xandoff and lnester7 like this.
  2. Clodomir

Clodomir In hibernation mood

Belgium
    Hello,

There is 2 books written by KDM and christine tobback ( nutricionist) but they are in flemish....
    They are very interesting if you can read deutsch. If I have some energy and if you want, I can translate one or 2 recepies. So you can have some ideas.
    PM me if you want

Have a good day

Clodomir
  3. Helene

Helene

Hello Clodomir,
    You write kdm's books are in Deutsch? Is this correct? German? Or are they in Flemish?

Please post the titles of the books, and please indicate where they are available.
  4. Clodomir

Belgium
    Hello

The books are in flemish. Flemish and deutsch are the same. But it is not german.
    If you want I can scan you a few pages so you can see if it interest you.

Have a good day

Clodomir
  5. Valentijn

Valentijn Activity Level: 3

Amersfoort, Netherlands
    I think Clodomir means Dutch :)
  6. Valentijn

Valentijn Activity Level: 3

Amersfoort, Netherlands
    There's an English website for her books at http://www.optinutrics.com/EN/cvs.php with an explanation of the connection with ME/CFS, but it looks like the books themselves are only in Dutch.
  7. Clodomir

Belgium
    Oh yes,

Sorry, my english is not so good and I am more foggy today.... Thanks Valentijn

Here the links to the books:
    http://www.optinutrics.com/EN/eetwatbijjepast.php
    http://www.optinutrics.com/EN/gezondofgezondigd.php#top

I scan the covers, I have them in PDF, but, I don't know how to put it here...
    If you have an idea....

First book has some recipes. Second one, explain, allergies, dysbiosis, malapsortion, reason why we have pain, etc...

but they are both in dutch/flemish. Maybe, there is a translation, but I am not sure. Better ask Christine Tobback

Have a good day

Clodomir
    Valentijn likes this.
  8. Clodomir

Belgium
    You are to quick for me Valentijn;)
  9. Clodomir

Belgium
  10. Helene

Helene

Clodimir,
    What does Christine say about bananas? They get a bad wrap, but they are nutritious.
  11. Clodomir

Belgium
    Hi Helene,

In my diet (fructose free), she allows 1/2 banana a week! but with a toast (not alone).
    If you are skinny (i am very skinny due to ME), try to eat avocado (very nutritious) and salted crisps (only salted one!). if you want to eat some fruits, don't eat then alone: always with porridge, toast, rice pudding, etc... and without skin and only 1/2 a day. But it is my diet. And for me It works (less pain).

Have a good day

Clodomir
  12. Helene

Helene

Hello Clodomir

Thanks. I saw Christine but did not get such specific portion instructions. I gather you eat gluten, do you? She encourages potatoes, and rice and noodles. Which are wonderful. But if BORRELIA is a possibility then rice is considered acidic and off the list. I find this all so confusing. Eating is difficult enough without getting sharp pains all the time.
    Any information you give Clodomir is useful.
  13. Clodomir

Belgium
    Hi Helen,

Sorry to answer so late...In fact, I love pasta but my gut have some problems with them... But I haven't any gluten problem... Potatoes are not recommended... So I eat rice most of the time... I am, till now, Borrellia "free" ( all the analysis are negative).
    What Christine said is that you must always balance what you eat: a little piece of "forbidden" food with a piece of neutral food. Example: when I eat porridge ( milk and Oats), I put a little bit rice sugar. She said ok, but add also a piece of butter to compensate and to dilute the sugar...
    I eat lots of meat, except pork: beef, duck, lamb, chicken, etc... She said max 150grams a day... For me it is 150 grams a meal.... I am always hungry... Lots of rice. Some vegetable but without the skin: tomatos ( once a week), courgettes, paprika ( without skin), cucumbre, "chicon" ( i don't know the translation), avocado, sometime one or 2 spoons of peas. All the vegetable are fresh or frozen. No can.

Have a good day

Clodomir
  14. Mya Symons

Mya Symons Mya Symons

Wyoming
    Thank you all for the information. Thanks Clodomir for offering to translate the recipes. I would like that, but only if and when you feel up to it. Thanks again.

See more popular forum discussions.