• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Anti Fungals with MCS anyone?

helsbells

Has anyone with marked MCS coped with them. LDN has flared candida in me and was making me me very tired but after stopping I have now got thrush. I am am taking nystatin, I was wondering if anyone has tried diflucan - i was just going to try taking one but am very wary as i think sporonox made my bladder much worse some years ago but equally i have been feeling so rough generally though actually a syatemic might actually be a good thing if I could tolerate it. As an aside i would like to start a thread to ask if anyone feels LDN has made their allergies worse but am so mashed I don't know where to put it.

ukxmrv

I'm better with diflucan that I was with nystatin. Also better with ketaconazole products,. Haven't tried LDN. Sorry to hear about the flare

helsbells

Aah thats interesting, thanks for getting back I am somewhat girded by that - thanks for the sympathy also - LDN has been a weird one for me I think I have to back on it but has deffinately put the cat among the pigeons with out bringing obvious benefits.

Hi Hellsbells!

I'm wondering if you have decided to go ahead with the Diflucan? I've been taking it long term at 50mg per day and found it to be very helpful without any problems or side effects. I have severe MCS such that I cannot receive visitors without them using my special washing products and detergents. Even at that I cannot see most people because I can smell the horrible chemical smells from their cars. It's different for each of us but I just wanted to let you know that for this severe MCSer, Diflucan has given no problems.

helsbells

Hi Hellsbells!

I'm wondering if you have decided to go ahead with the Diflucan? I've been taking it long term at 50mg per day and found it to be very helpful without any problems or side effects. I have severe MCS such that I cannot receive visitors without them using my special washing products and detergents. Even at that I cannot see most people because I can smell the horrible chemical smells from their cars. It's different for each of us but I just wanted to let you know that for this severe MCSer, Diflucan has given no problems.

Thanks so much for your input, we sound about the same MCS-wise - i always say if I could change one thing it would be this, to be so out of step with the modern world, no visits from Friends, no holidays or staying over is very isolating. Anyhoo i did take one and I did survive but it did affect me. I was concerned that LDN had triggered Candida and wondered if i would get a bounce from a stronger anti-fungal so it did at least answer that question ( I didn't) i felt exhausted and very ill tempered on the day I took it, bad sleep and some pelvic pain so I don't think I could take it long term. I can take nystatin so I do get to take something if I need it. I sort of tolerate LDN but take it at tiny doses so it always worth persevering isn't it. i was actually pleased that I in one of these positive RV studies someone mentioned MCS because it is so disabling in itself. All the best :)