New Atmosphere, New Vision: Gibson and Whittemore Kick Off Invest in ME Conference 2016
Mark Berry reports on Dr. Gibson's introduction and Dr. Whittemore's keynote speech, at the 11th Invest in ME International ME Conference in London.
Discuss the article on the Forums.

Anti-anxiety meds suggestions.

Discussion in 'General Treatment' started by readyforlife, Sep 22, 2011.

1. dannybex

dannybex Senior Member

Seattle
    Hi Caledonia,

So to clarify...are you getting both your b12 and folic acid in the multivitamin, or are you taking an additional extra b12/folic/folate?

Also, are you taking 'folic acid' or one of the active forms?

Thanks. :)

2. soxfan

soxfan Senior Member

North Carolina
    Thanks...doctor wanted me to start low since I have wierd reactions to almost everything. First we tried it for sleep but it did nothing (100mg). So I bought a brand which is just 5HTP with nothing added (valerian etc.) and will start low in the morning and see how that works.

3. Gavman

Gavman Senior Member

Sydney
    its always a tough call on what to take. Increasing fish intake or fish oil supplements can assist. I've been on effexor and it has helped a lot with energy. Initially i couldnt do much for the first month but afterwards, i could start working more. Its hard to come off and ive been on it for four years but it has helped plenty.

4. rydra_wong

rydra_wong Guest

DHEA works for me -- stops a panic attack that goes on forever in half an hour. I think an adrenal glandular would have a good chance of working also due to freeing up pregnenolone to make more DHEA. I don't do meds ever -- I am too sensitive to drugs of all kinds.

See more popular forum discussions.