1. Patients launch $1.27 million crowdfunding campaign for ME/CFS gut microbiome study.
    Check out the website, Facebook and Twitter. Join in donate and spread the word!
First Direct Evidence of Neuroinflammation - 'Encephalitis' - in ME/CFS
A small study with just nine patients has captured the attention of patients and researchers alike after reporting direct evidence of inflammation in the brain of ME/CFS patients. The finding was one of the highlights picked out by Professor Anthony Komaroff in his IACFS/ME...
Discuss the article on the Forums.

Answer from Judy Mikovits Regarding Tissue Resevoir

Discussion in 'XMRV Research and Replication Studies' started by Mya Symons, Feb 11, 2011.

1. pictureofhealth

pictureofhealth XMRV - L'Agent du Jour

Europe
    If its in the prostate and bladder, I wonder if it would show up in a urine sample?

If in the uterus, how about a vaginal smear sample for tissue/cells?

Or if its found in lymphoid tissue, how about a tonsil/throat swab for evidence of infection?

These are much less invasive tests than tissue biopsy, or even blood samples (although tissue samples probably much more definitive at the research stage than a swab).

I'm sure the WPI have already thought of all this of course. Or if not, hopefully worth a try though - & if they turn out to be positive, these could be a much cheaper alternative too.
  2. Mya Symons

Mya Symons Mya Symons

Wyoming
    That makes sense. Didn't they say they found it in the cervix too? If a vaginal swab doesn't work, what about a pap smear? This would be a good question to ask WPI, I think.

See more popular forum discussions.