May 12, 2017 Is International ME/CFS and FM Awareness Day
International ME/CFS and FM Awareness Day is May 12th, 2017. Jody Smith shares some information about upcoming events and ways you can be heard ...
Discuss the article on the Forums.

ANS rewiring

Discussion in 'General ME/CFS Discussion' started by Jpac, Feb 12, 2018 at 7:46 PM.

1. Jpac

Jpac

I’m sure if I read long enough this has been addressed somewhere on the forum. I would love some feedback from anyone who is in the middle of or completed this program. I know for a fact my issues are with my CNS. I feel like a car driving with he oil light on all the time(running hot). While the concept of this rewriting makes sense I always proceed cautiously when it cost money. Thanks in advance.

Pink likes this.
  2. echobravo

echobravo Keep searching, the answer is out there

Norway
    I haven’t done the program, but I have read Dan Neuffer’s book, and it seems he pulled himself out of ME focusing on fixing an ANS stuck in allostatic load. He thinks a few very stessful experiences rewired his neurology in the core brain related to the stress response (fight & flight).

I also think a big part of my ME is related to autonomic dysregulation (dysautonimia), things that my ANS usually took care of without me even thinking about it;) - like body temp regulation (raynauds), blood pressure (OI, POTS), heart, digestion, immune function, sweating, HPA-axis (energy, metabolism, stress response, blood sugar... the whole endocrine hormonal system out of whack basically), thyroid regulation, heat tolerance aso.

Other related approaches; DNRS, Gupta Amygdala retraining.

Keep us posted if you decide to try Neuffer’s course. I am also considering it, but in the mean time looking into reducing and avoiding stress as much as possible. Trying out yoga, tapping, mindfullness, possibly QiGong later in the spring, also HRV to monitor stress response during the day.

Last edited: Feb 16, 2018 at 12:30 PM
    femtosecond99 and sb4 like this.

See more popular forum discussions.