1. Patients launch $1.27 million crowdfunding campaign for ME/CFS gut microbiome study.
    Check out the website, Facebook and Twitter. Join in donate and spread the word!
Part 2: Brain Cells Making us Sick? Messed up microglia could be driving symptoms
Simon McGrath looks at theories that microglia, the brain's immune cells, might be overactive and driving the symptoms of ME/CFS and fibromyalgia.
Discuss the article on the Forums.

another XMRV study in montreal

Discussion in 'XMRV Research and Replication Studies' started by Daffodil, Jul 9, 2010.

1. Daffodil

Daffodil Senior Member

hi all. according to the National ME/FM Action Network, dr. jolicoeur will be conducting another study looking for XMRV in CFS patients, and says he is not discouraged by the negative results of the first study he did.
  2. Is he taking blood from further afield than Montreal?
  3. omerbasket

omerbasket Senior Member

I hope that this time he would make an exact replication of the WPI's study, and would also test all of the negatives from the Culture/PCR, with the 3 other methods.
    That is ofcourse unless he doesn't want to find XMRV. Because until today, these are the only methods that are known to find XMRV in the blood when it's there.
  4. V99

V99 *****

UK
    Looks as if the word is finally getting out. It ain't that easy to detect and this is how you do it alla a Mikovits & Ruscetti. That is a fantastic change.
  5. redo

redo Senior Member

I hope he just sends some samples to VIPdx, and sees what their results are before he begins designing his own test.
  6. pollycbr125

pollycbr125 Senior Member

yorkshire
    Is there a link for this news ? thanks
  7. gu3vara

gu3vara Senior Member

I just wrote to the Dr to offer my participation, thx for letting us know
  8. eric_s

eric_s Senior Member

Switzerland/Spain (Valencia)
    I like this part
  9. shannah

shannah Senior Member

Any links available for

the news from National ME/FM Action Network?
    contacting Dr. Paul Jolicoeur?
  10. gu3vara

gu3vara Senior Member

I wrote to Dr Jolicoeur, he said he will try to include me in a study to come but I don't have more details.

I'll keep you informed
  11. omerbasket

omerbasket Senior Member

If you've contact with him, you have to try and persuade him to use the exact methods that were used by the WPI (and to talk to them to ask how to make the tests - not to rely on any written data, because there might be missing stuff there that would be crucial), and to replicate their study (including cohort celection etc.). This is very very very important.
  12. gu3vara

gu3vara Senior Member

I asked which methods he will be using, if he will culture the virus like WPI did etc.. but he didn't say anything about it in the reply.

Hopefully, they will do it the right way. I'll keep asking questions if I'm selected.

See more popular forum discussions.