• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Another negative XMRV CFS study - is this new? looks to be from CDC

lansbergen

WADR, the opinion of Judy Mikovits is not data. I am looking for some evidence that a PCR test with primers binding with FEWER virons can detect more diverse sequences than a PCR test with primers binding to MORE virons in a given viral family such as MuLV. Do you have a quote from Mikovits that states the source of her view? Is there data for this?

Since when do primers bind to virions?

kurt

Since when do primers bind to virions?

Good catch, I must have been tired, what I was trying to say was about strains, not virions. Post has been fixed. Should read:

'I am looking for some evidence that a PCR test with primers binding with FEWER strains can detect more diverse sequences than a PCR test with primers binding to MORE strains in a given viral family such as MuLV.'

jace

Off the fence
Cort said
As I pointed out in the earlier post I took that section and asked "what about this? Are labs missing this? Are labs not optimizing the magnesium in their PCR's?" And the answer was - of course, every lab as a matter of course does this. I reported what they said...I was not reporting my opinion. I don't know enough about PCR optimization to do that.

May I ask who you asked, Cort?