1. Patients launch $1.27 million crowdfunding campaign for ME/CFS gut microbiome study.
    Check out the website, Facebook and Twitter. Join in donate and spread the word!
Hunting down the cause of ME/CFS & other challenging disorders - Lipkin in London
In a talk to patients in London on 3rd September, Dr. W. Ian Lipkin described the extraordinary lengths he and his team are prepared to go to in order to track down the source of an illness, with examples ranging from autism to the strange case of Kawasaki disease.
Discuss the article on the Forums.

Another Medical Kidnapping

Discussion in 'Other Health News and Research' started by leela, Dec 2, 2013.

1. user9876

user9876 Senior Member

It would be interesting if he took out a private prosecution against the doctors for child abuse and kidnap.

2. Dreambirdie

Dreambirdie work in progress

N. California
    Little Bluestem likes this.
  3. Dreambirdie

N. California
    Where do judges get off doing this?

This story is completely insane, and it just keeps get crazier by the minute.

allyb, leela, Ren and 1 other person like this.
  4. leela

leela Slow But Hopeful

Couchland, USA
    and this decision in the face of the obvious and serious decline in justina's health under this last year's "care".
    who are these horrible rabid dogs that just won't give up the bone on this? i cannot fathom how this is possible.
    how do they sleep at night.
    for frak's sake.

Ren likes this.
  5. leela

leela Slow But Hopeful

Couchland, USA
    Not to mention DCF are ruining this girl's life, all the while busying themselves filing motions to hold the father in contempt of court for objecting to this ruinous cascade of events. What parent in their right mind would let the state steamroller their entire family in silence? So the bully says you can't tell anyone he punches you every day....and you just comply? I don't think so.

There is a really ugly trend in diesempowerment underway right now. I don't like it one bit.

6. Ren

Ren Primum Non Nocere

Potemkin Village
    I just noticed the Justina Pelletier story has now made it to the Drudge Report.

taniaaust1 likes this.
  7. Dreambirdie

N. California
  8. Little Bluestem

Little Bluestem Senescent on the Illinois prairie, USA

Midwest, USA
    This ABC News story was at the top of the HOT RIGHT NOW list and second on the MOST COMMENTED list when I read it.

If everyone would look at it, that would keep it on the HOT lost as long a possible.

ETA: I see that the story on The Blaze is at the top of their POPULAR list, but not on their SOCIAL list.

taniaaust1, leela, Ren and 1 other person like this.
  9. Ren

Ren Primum Non Nocere

Potemkin Village
    I just learned that it's a Dutch neurologist, Dr. Jurriaan Peters, who was first responsible for diagnosing Justina with somatoform disorder (Somatic Symptom Disorder ?). Wonder who his mentors (and their associates) are.

http://www.linkedin.com/pub/jurriaan-peters/4/121/627

leela and natasa778 like this.
  10. Valentijn

Valentijn Activity Level: 3

Amersfoort, Netherlands
    Based on personal experience, Dutch neurologists are absolutely horrible to ME/CFS patients. Very strong beliefs in psychosomatic disorders.

leela likes this.
  11. Ren

Ren Primum Non Nocere

Potemkin Village
    I'm sorry, Valentijn.

Looking at this page http://www.emgo.nl/research/mental-health/research-themes/2/soma--psyche/aims-and-scope/
    - from a department perhaps at VUmc where Peters was a student - Well, I worry that things are likely to get worse before they get better.

Edit: Just wanted to add that a superficial search of "VU Medical Center and Per Fink" (Danish psych-person involved in Karina Hansen case) shows at least one paper with Fink and "Psychiatric CL Service, VU Medical Center, Amsterdam, The Netherlands", among other authors.)

http://repositorio.hff.min-saude.pt...of Psychosomatic Research 57 (2004) 17–24.pdf

Last edited: Feb 26, 2014
  12. Iquitos

Iquitos Senior Member

Colorado
  13. Ren

Ren Primum Non Nocere

Potemkin Village
  14. Dreambirdie

N. California
    I wrote the Dr Oz Show, requesting that they do a segment about Justina.

Maybe you all could do the same. CONTACT HERE: http://www.doctoroz.com/contact

Oz is an empathetic guy with a large viewing audience. I was able to convince him (with help from Donnica Moore) to do a segment on XMRV back in 2010. He doesn't shy away from controversy.

"Please do a story about Justina Pelletier, the teenage girl who has been removed from her parents into foster care and denied medical treatment for mitochondrial disease at the behest of a Dutch neurologist, Dr. Jurriaan Peters, who was first responsible for diagnosing Justina with somatoform disorder. What has happened to her is horrible. In depth media attention needs to be given to this issue. Thank you."

http://abcnews.go.com/Health/sick-connecticut-teen-

15. Dreambirdie

N. California
    I also just contact Donnica Moore about this. She wrote me back that she was horrified by the story and will pass it on to her producer contacts at the Oz show, but is unsure how much they will be able to do with a media gag order in place.

16. Nielk

Nielk

Queens, NY
    There is so much about this that is so puzzling but why the gag order? Whose rights are they trying to protect?

17. Dreambirdie

N. California
    Not that puzzling at all. They are protecting themselves from the truth.

18. peggy-sue

peggy-sue

Scotland
    Only another 169 to go on the Change.org petition now.

Thanks for posting the link Iquitos - I didn't get sent that one, I don't know why.

19. Ren

Ren Primum Non Nocere

Potemkin Village
    I don't think they're trying to protect anyone's rights.

I think this - as with Karina Hansen - (as well as a somewhat recent custodial case in Sweden where a child was permanently ripped from his parents after Sweden passed a law forbidding homeschooling) -

I think the DSM-5 is out, and now (just as the with the law in Sweden) those in power are flexing their muscle to see how much abuse and control they can exert and how much resistance, if any, they get from the public.

I think they pick a vulnerable person/family and carve them up, as an example for others who might dare to think independently. Their arrogance and cruelty is grotesque - and truly beyond words really.

20. Ember

Ember Senior Member

Outrage as Justina Pelletier Placed In Foster Care [Video]
    Added by Penny Swift on February 26, 2014.
    More...

Iquitos likes this.

See more popular forum discussions.