• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Another excellent article in the Canary on Millions Missing!

Countrygirl

https://www.thecanary.co/discovery/...-of-missing-people-will-reappear-for-the-day/

Another excellent article by The Canary!

Catastrophic consequences
It is these personal testimonies which bring the crucial importance of the Millions Missing action to life. But just as important is bringing about change in the medical community. As I previously wrote for The Canary, some people’s experience at the hands of medical professionals, not least because of the discredited PACE trial and its implications, has had a catastrophic effect:

When you are repeatedly beaten down, dismissed and mentally undermined by medical professionals, the results can be catastrophic, as this journalist has witnessed… something the campaign ‘Millions Missing’ has tried to address. Disabled people living with ME/CFS and other illnesses have understandably often lost all faith in the medical profession, seeing it as a third party abuser in their relationship with their illness.

For people living with ME/CFS, often putting pen to paper or tapping the keyboard can be a debilitating process. Imagine you’ve just run a marathon, and then someone asks you to start jogging all the way back around the course. This is what it can be like living with ME/CFS. So for people living with the disease, going out to protest about the way they have been abandoned by society is a huge event in itself. Let’s honour this on Saturday 12 May by showing them – the Millions Missing – our full solidarity.

Get Involved!

Find out more about a Millions Missing event near you.

Read The Canary‘s analysis of the PACE trial.