• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Another celebrity with Lyme disease - Yolanda Foster

SB_1108

I've been following this closely for the last year or so (i.e. following her on instagram/facebook and general news articles) and her story is really amazing. She so is inspiring the way she trying to get awareness for the disease and keeps trying new alternative treatments.

She was originally diagnosed with CFS. So she went to see Dr. KDM but he diagnosed her with Lyme after a blood test revealed she was Lyme positive (I'm not sure of the specifics of the lyme diagnosis).

Her symptoms are very similar to mine and although she has all the money in the world, she has not found a cure and some of her friends don't believe her.

http://www.bravotv.com/the-real-hou...de-1/videos/yolanda-is-missing-so-many-things

SB_1108

Yolanda posted a new blog yesterday that discusses the specifics of her Lyme case. I just thought it was interesting and I would pass it along to others:

After years of aimlessly searching for the right care and a cure, my case is finally in the capable hands of who I believe to be the two greatest Lyme literate doctors in the world: Dr. Richard Horowitz and Dr. Dietrich Klinghardt.

I feel very blessed to have their guidance and clarity in my corner. Too many chronically ill people are misunderstood by others, including family, friends, and their community. My clinical diagnosis are black and white, if sharing them will shed light on this epidemic and educate the world, I will gladly do so.

Facts regarding my personal case:

• Lyme is a clinical diagnosis and multiple labs and physicians worldwide have confirmed my personal diagnosis. It is not just based on symptoms, but rather on tick exposure, positive Lyme specific bands on a Western blot as well as having a positive DNA tests (PCR, polymerase chain reaction) proving exposure to Lyme disease.

• I also tested positive for multiple co-infections, including Babesiosis (a malarial-like parasite) with three positive tests: this included positive Babesia titers, PCRs (DNA tests) and FISH testing (RNA testing) as well as having positive tests for other tick-borne infections including Bartonella and Q-fever. Those individuals with Lyme and associated co-infections have been shown to be sicker than those just suffering with Lyme disease. Other positive infectious disease testing included an old Epstein Barr virus infection and intestinal parasites.

• Overlapping factors interfering with my healing included a history of heavy metal exposure and silicone toxicity from previous ruptured implants.

• Brain scans show significant inflammation in the frontal lobe of my brain affecting my cognitive function.

• The three double blind placebo controlled NIH trials on Lyme disease have shown that those with chronic Lyme are as sick as those with chronic congestive heart failure. It is not a disease “in people’s heads”, making up symptoms, but controlled clinical trials have shown that those suffering with chronic Lyme disease are extremely ill and many doctors worldwide are still searching for answers for those afflicted.

• Lyme has been shown to be a chronic persistent infection. This has been proven in multiple published scientific studies, including recent studies coming out of John’s Hopkin’s University and Northeastern University showing “persister” bacteria. The NIH also sponsored studies on those suffering with PTLD (Post Treatment Lyme disease) last year (Dr Adriana Marques), which showed that some patients like me had positive DNA tests (PCR) despite classical treatment. This again implies persistence of the bacteria, contributing to my long term illness.

Source: http://www.bravotv.com/the-real-hou...anda-foster-i-dont-blame#/.Vnotkge5vJk.mailto

Daffodil

she moved out of david fosters place and got a place of her own recently. i think her daughter bella also has lyme. she is dating canadian music sensation, The Weeknd!