Severe ME Day of Understanding and Remembrance: Aug. 8, 2017
Determined to paper the Internet with articles about ME, Jody Smith brings some additional focus to Severe Myalgic Encephalomyelitis Day of Understanding and Remembrance on Aug. 8, 2017 ...
Discuss the article on the Forums.

Another celebrity comes out: Kris Kristofferson finds Lyme treatment has improved his failing memory

Discussion in 'Lyme Disease and Co-Infections' started by Antares in NYC, Jun 7, 2016.

1. Antares in NYC

Antares in NYC Senior Member

USA
    He was first misdiagnosed with Alzheimer’s and dementia. Turns out he had Lyme, and the treatment is improving his severe memory issues:

ScottTriGuy, Beyond, Helen and 6 others like this.
  2. duncan

duncan Senior Member

I saw this yesterday. I am a huge fan of his on so many levels, and share so many of his views. Now I share a disease with him, and I wish I didn't for his sake.

Lyme is transcending generations of Stars in life, and in the media which follow them.

3. sarah darwins

sarah darwins I told you I was ill

Cornwall, UK
    Kris Kristofferson played the Glastonbury festival the other day and that got me Googling him and finding out he has lyme. There's a very good interview in the HuffPo with his wife, describing Kris' misdiagnosis (Alzheimer's) and the long journey of treatment and improvement.

article: http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry...istoffersons-long_us_577c047be4b00a3ae4ce6609

Johnny Depp took a turn on guitar during his Glastonbury gig, which you can watch here if you're in the UK:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/b08w2cx7/glastonbury-2017-kris-kristofferson-and-royal-blood

Might find it on YouTube otherwise.

Kris K is clearly not in the greatest of health, but from what his wife says he's made huge gains with treatment from a lyme-literate doc. That he can play a major festival at all says something. Great guy, and a treat to see him still performing those wonderful songs:

Screen Shot 2017-06-28 at 10.11.19.png

Valentijn, MEMum and Helen like this.
  4. sarah darwins

sarah darwins I told you I was ill

Cornwall, UK
    And just for fun, Kris and Johnny:

Screen Shot 2017-06-28 at 10.47.21.png

(Bradley Cooper was playing guitar, too, just in case there wasn't enough star power on stage)

MEMum likes this.

See more popular forum discussions.