The Real ME: A Stock Photography Resource for the Media
We’ve all seen them in the news stories about ME/CFS: the guy in a suit at the office, yawning; the beautiful woman sitting at her desk with her immaculate make-up and elegantly coiffed hair, hand to her head and looking slightly pained.
Discuss the article on the Forums.

Another case of historic problems with psychiatry emerges in the UK

Discussion in 'Other Health News and Research' started by SilverbladeTE, Jul 19, 2016.

1. http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/magazine-36803067
    long article

basically Sodium Amytal was given to "troubled" teenagers against their will as part of "therapy" in 1960s to 70s, believed to be "narcoanalysis therapy"

blech!

2. Chrisb

Chrisb Senior Member

Of course, such things could not happen now. Standards of professionalism, and regulation, are much higher. The very idea is enough to make one smile. Lightening doesn't strike twice in the same place-so they say.

3. Snowdrop

Snowdrop Rebel without a biscuit

Toronto
    Where do they come up with these ideas let alone the naming of them. 'Narcoanalysis' :p :rolleyes:

I'll add the nod, nod, wink, wink to that :snigger: :snigger: ;) ;) OK so there's no nod emoji

4. Esther12

Esther12 Senior Member

Of course, of course, all those involved will have faced serious disciplinary action, and paid a serious price for their actions. Who would want to turn out like that?

Justin30, GreyOwl and OhShoot like this.

See more popular forum discussions.