• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Announcing PANDORA's Fueling a Better Quality of Life Project

We are happy to announce the 2011 Fueling a Better Quality of Life Project. This is part of PANDORA's Quality of Life Program where assistance is given to NeuroEndocrineImmune patients in need. Thanks to the votes received in the Citgo Fueling for Good contest, PANDORA won a $5,000 grant for gasoline purchases. Part of the grant from Citgo will go toward PANDORA's operation expenses, including our volunteer programs.

However, we also saw an opportunity for these cards to go directly to improving patient quality of life, PANDORA's main goal. This Fueling a Better Quality of Life Project is right in line with the holiday spirit that is already in the air. We believe in "paying forward." PANDORA will award $100 gas cards to 20 eligible patients.

By giving away these cards, we hope to reduce the financial hardship patients often experience with the loss of good health. We know many patients, especially in rural areas, struggle to pay for gas to take care of their personal needs, including traveling to doctor appointments, physical rehabilitation, attending religious services during the holidays as well as attending year-round social and support groups. These types of activities often improve the quality of life for individuals stricken with a chronic, debilitating NeuroEndocrineImmune disease.

Eligibility requirements:

Must be receiving Social Security Income (SSI) or have household income that matches or is below the 2011 Department of Health and Human Services Poverty Guidelines amount.
Must be a U.S. resident.
Must have picture identification.
Must sign a release agreeing that your name and picture (or likeness) may be used in future PANDORA promotional materials and with our partners, at our discretion.
Must have a diagnosis of either ME/CFS, fibromyalgia, Gulf War illness, chemical sensitivities / environmental illness or chronic Lyme disease.
Recipients will be responsible for any taxes or encumbrances that might result from this giveaway.

What to do:

Send an email to contact@pandoranet.info with your name, address, phone number and distance to your primary physician. Include the following as attachments to the email:

Document proof that you are currently receiving SSI benefits or that your household income is at or below the 2011 Department of Health and Human Services Poverty Guidelines amount.
Document proof of your NeuroEndocrineImmune disease (ME/CFS, FMS, GWI, chemical sensitivities / environmental illness or chronic Lyme disease) diagnosis.
Scanned image of your picture identification, such as a driver's license or state-issued identification.

If you cannot email the documents to us, you can also fax them to 954-783-6771 using the reference "Fueling a Better Quality of Life." The deadline for submitting your application is December 15, 2011. PANDORA has sole discretion in selecting which 20 applicants receive fuel cards.

Wishing you all a Blessed, Happy, Healthy, Pain Free Holiday Season!

taniaaust1

That is such a great idea of whoever came up with that one. :) I love the idea of the community who worked so hard to for pandora getting something back.

Congrats to those one of these.

*GG*

Yes, I hope if someone from this forum gets some help, if they would let us know, that would be cool, because I voted every day for this contest!

GG