• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

ANECDOTAL REPORT: de Meirleir's patients POSITIVE for XMRV

Eric Johnson from I&I

Carla, did you mean this week for that little public revelation, or the one after this? I'm now as antsy as a cat in one of those transporter cages, and still worsening.

meirleir

I visited de Meirleir already for twice. The last time (2 weeks ago).
He took me a blood and he told me that he will do also the test for XMRV.
There are still some complications if the test is already correct but he said that he will freeze my blood and if everything will be correct - they will do the test in january. I also know that he will do the test of XMRW to another man. I think he will make it to all of his patients. It is not any more the testing group (I think it was around 150 patients) so I have to pay for the test around 400 EUR.
sorry for my english

K

_Kim_

Hi michal

Thanks for sharing your Dr. de Meirleir experience.

I understood your post just fine. We have many members here for whom English is not their first language. No need to apologize.

Welcome to the forums!!

Tony

Still working on it all..
Thanks for the info Michal. There are a several of us on this forum seeing Prof De Meirleir. Hopefully we can see how we all go with treatments over time.

Cheers...:)