The 12th Invest in ME Conference, Part 1
OverTheHills presents the first article in a series of three about the recent 12th Invest In ME international Conference (IIMEC12) in London.
Discuss the article on the Forums.

Andrographis (apparently) boosting NK cell function

Discussion in 'Antivirals, Antibiotics and Immune Modulators' started by Mary, Feb 8, 2018.

1. Mary

Mary Senior Member

Southern California
    In April 2013, my NK cell function was 13 out of a range of 8 - 170 - I know, in the "normal" range but my doctor said no, that's low.

In September 2015, it had gone up to 15 out of a range of 7 - 125.

Last month, January 2018, it had gone up to 24 (!), range of 7 - 125.

So that's quite a bit, and I'm pretty sure it's due to andrographis which I started taking just about a year ago. I don't have "proof" that it's the andrographis, but I would bet the farm (if I had a farm) that it is responsible for this increase.

I noticed an immediate benefit when I started it. For years I've gotten sick with a sinus type infection every time I crash, and I would crash generally once a week, and it would take 10 --14 days to recover from the sinus problems so essentially I was sick almost all the time. Being sick got to be worse than the crashing. Every once in awhile I'd have a few days respite. When I was sick it was quite debilitating - it just really drained my energy though my outward symptoms were not severe.

After starting the andrographis, I started getting much less sick and also recovering much more quickly. It's been a miracle herb for me. This is what I take: https://smile.amazon.com/Planetary-...pID=411gyDI-lML&preST=_SY300_QL70_&dpSrc=srch

And, as you can see, it's very cheap! One a day helps me a lot, and if I get sicker than usual, I'll up it to 2 or 3 for a few days and add in some Echinacea and goldenseal and it works quite quickly. It's an immune modulator plus has antiviral and antibacterial properties. So when I remember every 4 or 5 weeks or so I'll stop it for several days or week.

ljimbo423, PatJ, Sancar and 2 others like this.
  2. Mary

Mary Senior Member

Southern California
    @ebethc - I learned about andrographis after my sister (who does not have ME/CFS) had an amazing result with it last winter. She'd had a severe sinus infection, had been on 2 courses of antibiotics, and it recurred again, just as sick as ever, so her doctor gave her a Standard Process product, the chief ingredient of which was andrographis (with a few other ingredients) and within 2 or 3 days she was almost completely well. It was unreal, she had been so sick. The SP product was very pricey so I just bought some plain andrographis and started taking it and had almost immediate results. I've tried dozens of things over the years trying to help my immune system, but this is by far the most effective.

Sancar likes this.
  3. Ravn

Ravn Senior Member

See more popular forum discussions.