1. Patients launch $1.27 million crowdfunding campaign for ME/CFS gut microbiome study.
    Check out the website, Facebook and Twitter. Join in donate and spread the word!
Knitting Equals Pleasure, Despite ME/CFS
Jody Smith loves knitting. Again. She thought her days of knitting and purling were long over but ... she's back ...
Discuss the article on the Forums.

Andrew Wakefield wins Golden Duck award for lifetime achievement in quackery

Discussion in 'Other Health News and Research' started by wdb, Dec 24, 2012.

1. wdb

wdb Admin

London
    http://www.guardian.co.uk/society/2012/dec/23/struck-off-mmr-doctor-quackery-award
  2. SilverbladeTE

SilverbladeTE Senior Member

Somewhere near Glasgow, Scotland
    The small minded, cowardly , stupid swine always love to stick the knife in someone's back especially when they are weak and unable to defend themselves...

Just waiting for the day when the entire medical profession is *destroyed*, burned down to the bedrock, only way it can be fixed is a total purge (ie, forcible disbanding of the BMA, criminal investigation of many senior MDs, murder sentences for pharma corps and any docs linked ot pushing their deadly drugs which they covered up the safety issues for, etc).
    Steve-22 and Wayne like this.
  3. Firestormm

Firestormm Guest

Cornwall England
    Rather brave to post this one wdb :)

Saw the news yesterday on LBRB: http://leftbrainrightbrain.co.uk/20...ement-award-for-his-contribution-to-quackery/

'Quacky Christmas Andrew' We could have done without your legacy:

4. natasa778

natasa778 Senior Member

London UK
    This by the same swine that applaud Wessley for his "achievements" :rolleyes: Sometimes I wish Mayans were right ...
    Katherine and Wayne like this.
  5. Chris

Chris Senior Member

Victoria, BC
    I think I agree with SilverBlade that the whole profession will have to go--the only realistic chance I see is that it will self-destruct--the whole Western world is getting so totally crazy that something will have to give catastrophically--maybe the NRA's proposal to place armed police in every school will be the turning point, or maybe enough idiots will buy that the system will continue a while longer...who knows. In the meantime, Happy Holidays, and a better New Year to all. Chris
  6. Marco

Marco Old blackguard

Near Cognac, France
    And this is representative of the so-called leftist 'intellligentsia'?
  7. alex3619

alex3619 Senior Member

Logan, Queensland, Australia
    I don't know that we need to destroy the medical profession .... but one section of my book, and a blog I have yet to post, is aimed at how to rebalance power structures involving the medical profession. There is no proper balance of power, they are substantially unaccountable, they are privileged under law, and by creating institutions like NICE the primary power structure that regulates them is a bureaucracy. We have to stop thinking of the medical profession as a rational scientific and entirely beneficent system ... thats the ideal but in this age they fall woefully short.

Similar arguments can be made about NICE, medical insurance, big pharma etc.

Our mechanisms for balancing power were made in another age, an age in which we believed in the primacy of reason, an age in which most of the issues and problems we are facing not only did not exist, but nobody even had the capacity to more than vaguely foreshadow the problems.

Seasons Greetings to All, Alex.
    natasa778 and Wayne like this.
  8. alex3619

alex3619 Senior Member

Logan, Queensland, Australia
    Some of you wont get this, but I have been watching a lot of How I Met Your Mother. Surely its better to be a duck than a rabbit?

See more popular forum discussions.