1. Patients launch $1.27 million crowdfunding campaign for ME/CFS gut microbiome study.
    Check out the website, Facebook and Twitter. Join in donate and spread the word!
The ePatient Revolution
Ryan Prior shares his experience and his thoughts from attending the Stanford Medicine X Conference as he contemplates the rising of the ePatient Revolution ...
Discuss the article on the Forums.

Andrea Whittemore's call to action

Discussion in 'Action Alerts and Advocacy' started by shrewsbury, Nov 10, 2009.

1. shrewsbury

shrewsbury member

Andrea Whittemore-Goad's call to action

Anne posted this from Andrea W-Gs Facebook page www.facebook.com/pages/Whittemore.../154801179671 :

weldman/maxine is my current hero as she's trying to send off one letter a week - a very ME/CFS approach to doing things.

Andrea's plea is helping get me going to emulate maxine. I thought it had great ideas for our individual advocacy efforts, and thought it should be posted here as well. (I added spacing and bolds). While it is directed at the US somewhat, the rest of us can translate it to address the appropriate people, departments and agencies in our own countries.

And Aftermath reminds us:

wildaisy kindly provided some links and addresses to write to

islandfinn:)

2. Hysterical Woman

Hysterical Woman Senior Member

East Coast
    Thank You!

Wow - what an incredible compliment and Birthday Present. This is actually embarrassing. I will continue to hold to my once a week letter regarding CFS, concentrating on the suggested content and where to send them as posted by islandfin.

However, we all know who the real heroes are. They are the scientists who are committed to doing their work in a professional and conscientious manner! Standing there with them are the heroes who have had this illness for years (sometimes decades), and to the newly diagnosed who are struggling to figure out why a load of bricks just fell on them. The heroes are the patients who have been told (sometimes over and over) that they are crazy/lazy/psychotic/etc (fill in the blank) by doctors/family members/spouses/employers (fill in the blank).

Let's hope that there are brighter days for all of us.

Sincerely,

Maxine

See more popular forum discussions.