• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

An Update on ME/CFS Research with Ronald W. Davis, PhD

Ben H

OMF Volunteer Correspondent
Hi guys,

Here it is-the research update! Enjoy and if you can, please donate.

HOPE-MECFS-Facebook.jpg

OMF Scientific Advisory Board Director

Ronald W. Davis, PhD

An Update on ME/CFS Research

We are pleased to share a research update by OMF's Scientific Advisory Board director, Ronald W. Davis, PhD, produced by Ashley (Davis) Haugen at the Stanford Genome Technology Center (SGTC).

The Center has made significant breakthroughs towards understanding the molecular mechanisms of the disease and is now in a position to test chemical compounds for treatment.
OMF is helping fund the work of Dr. Davis' CFS Research Center team at the SGTC.

So far, their breakthroughs have been achieved by doing one experiment at a time, week-by-week. At this point, the team is ready to ramp up the project in order to carry out multiple parallel investigations to get answers as fast as possible. However, substantially more funding is needed for this to happen, and your donations help to accelerate our pace.

Please donate today and invite your family and friends to join you.

Thanks,

B

Last edited:

Neunistiva

It is immensely reassuring to get updates about OMF's research, and even more so from Dr. Ron Davis himself. I can't imagine how tired and overworked he is. It just makes me even more grateful for what he (and the whole team) does.

Did I understand correctly that pyruvate or ATP added to ME/CFS plasma in vitro stop the illness process? Does it mean if those findings prove to be correct we are sure our illness is curable? And what is it that makes pyruvate and ATP useless as drugs?

Janet Dafoe

Board Member
It is immensely reassuring to get updates about OMF's research, and even more so from Dr. Ron Davis himself. I can't imagine how tired and overworked he is. It just makes me even more grateful for what he (and the whole team) does.

Did I understand correctly that pyruvate or ATP added to ME/CFS plasma in vitro stop the illness process? Does it mean if those findings prove to be correct we are sure our illness is curable? And what is it that makes pyruvate and ATP useless as drugs?
Please send your questions to the Q and A email address MECFSResearchQuestions@gmail.com

AshleyHalcyoneH

Open Medicine Foundation

If you could submit this question to MECFSresearchquestions@gmail.com we will be holding a Q&A with him soon and he will be selecting questions to answer! It is difficult to keep track of the questions when they are posted in different places. Thanks!