• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

An open letter to Psychological Medicine, again! by D Tuller et al

AndyPR

Lets see how long this one lasts.
Screen Shot 2017-05-12 at 18.40.36.png

Yogi

I remember last September AFME and CMRC hijacked all the excitement of the day and launched their dodgy OMEGA petition.

Maybe with all the excitement of #MillionsMissing and #MEAwarenessday if it gathers momentum on Facebook and Twitter then we can hopefully get rid of AFME and that wretched parasite Sonya Chowdhury. That would be a great achievement of MEAwarenessday!!!!!

This was my thoughts then in Sept 16:

I am still a bit annoyed at the MEGA and the conduct of the CMRC and not surprisingly the patient group representative AFME over the disastrous launch of MEGA and a random petition.

A few months ago I realised that the CMRC annual conference was to be held on 27 and 28 October which was the following day after the Millions Missing on 26 October. I had a bad feeling about this given the demands of millions missing could be simply responded to and patients placated by showing the government/CMRC was doing some research for patients.

Millions Missing was obviously a great success but CMRC/ MEGA project the following day along with the petition took the shine off the week. Despite already being concerned about the CMRC I was still shocked at the petition and I feel it was very underhand and deceptive to launch the MEGA project petition the day after MillionsMissing when many people were campaigning for biomedical research as the main protest demand. Many people will have signed because of the campaign around MillionsMissing protests etc.
Read the rest here:
http://forums.phoenixrising.me/inde...-listed-as-involved.47082/page-11#post-771007

Barry53

Politely ask again. Also ask them why they deleted the first post.
And keep a copy! Include a snip of the post itself, so there is no argument it was posted.

Edit: If I'd looked a few posts further on I'd have seen you did just that :)

Chrisb

My understanding is that there may be a discussion amongst (some of) the board members this week about a message of support in favour of Crawley.

Better to leave them to it then and not try to dissuade them. Let us see where they stand.