• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

(an Irish national radio station) Frustrating interview on ME with paediatrician

Tom Kindlon

There may be a way to download this. If anyone can tell me how or post a link, it would be appreciated as I would like to store it for the future. Alternatively feel free to email me the file at tomkindlon at Gmail dot com

Orla

I wrote a reply in to the show to counter the arguments by the doctor. But the damage has been done now.

I am planning to write to the doctor herself also, though I will have to do more work to do that. It is a tough one, as she is basically on a propaganda mission and might not care about who she throws under the bus to get her message across.

She might either be genuinely misinformed about ME (it did sound like this), or she knows what it is and is deliberately downplaying it in order to allay fears about the vaccine. It did sound more like the former, but whether she actually listens to anyone putting forward other information (when it suits her right now not to listen) is anyone's guess. Still she might tone it down, or stop referring to ME specficially, if she thinks she will be challenged. One can only dream.