Surprisingly good outcomes for people who get ME/CFS after Mononucleosis (Glandular Fever)
Sometimes ME/CFS emerges after mononucleosis, or glandular fever. Simon McGrath shares results from a long-term follow-up study from Haukeland University Hospital in Norway...
Discuss the article on the Forums.

An International Perspective on the Future of Research in Chronic Fatigue Syndrome

Discussion in 'General ME/CFS News' started by Ember, Feb 19, 2012.

1. Ember

Ember Senior Member

http://www.intechweb.org/books/show...uture-of-research-in-chronic-fatigue-syndrome

Edited By: Christopher R. Snell

ISBN 978-953-51-0072-0, Hard cover, 104 pages
    Publisher: InTech
    Publication date: February 2012
    Subject: Medical Genetics, Immunology, Allergology and Rheumatology

While the chapters in this book are a long way from solving the enigma that is CFS, they do represent important attempts to understand this complex and perplexing disease. A common theme in them all is CFS as a multisystem disease with the possibility of more than one cause and influenced by a variety of interacting factors. Further, they acknowledge the reality of CFS for persons with this disease and the importance of finding causes, treatments and ultimately a cure. As advanced biomedical research techniques are increasingly applied to the study of CFS, it is surely only a matter of time before biomarkers are identified, etiologies understood, and remedies devised.

justinreilly likes this.
  2. Enid

Enid Senior Member

UK
    Thanks Ember - encouraging even if slow - but a long way from my early days 12 years ago when no-one seemed to know anything at all.

3. Ember

Ember Senior Member

Notice the free downloads. And here's a "peek inside:"

1. Chronic Fatigue Syndrome and Viral Infections - Frdric Morinet and Emmanuelle Corruble
    2. Gene Expression in Chronic Fatigue Syndrome - Ekua W. Brenu, Kevin J. Ashton, Gunn M. Atkinson, Donald R. Staines and Sonya Marshall-Gradisnik
    3. Integrated Analysis of Gene Expression and Genotype Variation Data for Chronic Fatigue Syndrome - Jungsoo Gim and Taesung Park
    4. Corticosteroid-Binding Globulin Gene Mutations and Chronic Fatigue/Pain Syndromes: An Overview of Current Evidence - C. S. Marathe and D. J. Torpy
    5. Small Heart as a Constitutive Factor Predisposing to Chronic Fatigue Syndrome - Kunihisa Miwa

In the second chapter, Gene Expression in Chronic Fatigue Syndrome," the so-called CFS cohort confuses me:

What is "the recently developed World Health Organisations International Classification of Diseases for CFS?"

4. justinreilly

justinreilly Stop the IoM & P2P! Adopt CCC!

NYC (& RI)
    I didn't know about this website with free medical ebooks. Looks like a good resource. Thanks for posting.

See more popular forum discussions.