1. Patients launch $1.27 million crowdfunding campaign for ME/CFS gut microbiome study.
    Check out the website, Facebook and Twitter. Join in donate and spread the word!
Phoenix Rising Adds Two New Board Members
Mark Berry introduces the new President of Phoenix Rising, Dr. Gary Solomon, and welcomes Professor Jonathan Edwards to the Phoenix Rising Board of Directors.
Discuss the article on the Forums.

An International Perspective on the Future of Research in Chronic Fatigue Syndrome

Discussion in 'General ME/CFS News' started by Ember, Feb 19, 2012.

1. Ember

Ember Senior Member

http://www.intechweb.org/books/show...uture-of-research-in-chronic-fatigue-syndrome

Edited By: Christopher R. Snell

ISBN 978-953-51-0072-0, Hard cover, 104 pages
    Publisher: InTech
    Publication date: February 2012
    Subject: Medical Genetics, Immunology, Allergology and Rheumatology

While the chapters in this book are a long way from solving the enigma that is CFS, they do represent important attempts to understand this complex and perplexing disease. A common theme in them all is CFS as a multisystem disease with the possibility of more than one cause and influenced by a variety of interacting factors. Further, they acknowledge the reality of CFS for persons with this disease and the importance of finding causes, treatments and ultimately a cure. As advanced biomedical research techniques are increasingly applied to the study of CFS, it is surely only a matter of time before biomarkers are identified, etiologies understood, and remedies devised.

justinreilly likes this.
  2. Enid

Enid Senior Member

UK
    Thanks Ember - encouraging even if slow - but a long way from my early days 12 years ago when no-one seemed to know anything at all.

3. Ember

Ember Senior Member

Notice the free downloads. And here's a "peek inside:"

1. Chronic Fatigue Syndrome and Viral Infections - Frdric Morinet and Emmanuelle Corruble
    2. Gene Expression in Chronic Fatigue Syndrome - Ekua W. Brenu, Kevin J. Ashton, Gunn M. Atkinson, Donald R. Staines and Sonya Marshall-Gradisnik
    3. Integrated Analysis of Gene Expression and Genotype Variation Data for Chronic Fatigue Syndrome - Jungsoo Gim and Taesung Park
    4. Corticosteroid-Binding Globulin Gene Mutations and Chronic Fatigue/Pain Syndromes: An Overview of Current Evidence - C. S. Marathe and D. J. Torpy
    5. Small Heart as a Constitutive Factor Predisposing to Chronic Fatigue Syndrome - Kunihisa Miwa

In the second chapter, Gene Expression in Chronic Fatigue Syndrome," the so-called CFS cohort confuses me:

What is "the recently developed World Health Organisations International Classification of Diseases for CFS?"

4. justinreilly

justinreilly Stop the IoM & P2P! Adopt CCC!

NYC (& RI)
    I didn't know about this website with free medical ebooks. Looks like a good resource. Thanks for posting.

See more popular forum discussions.