• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

An interesting idea how to help to fund Lipkin´s microbiome study

Tuha

Check this new interesting opportunity how to raise money for this important study. Dont hesitate to join it. We can see that NIH is still not up to fund ME research.So it´s up to us to move this research - there is not another way. I think it can be even funny to join this challenge.

THE STAIR CHALLENGE! Raise awareness and funds for ME/CFS!

"People are beginning to find ways to fundraise on the ground for Columbia CII. Our team were contacted about this new initiative that also endeavors to increase awareness of ME/CFS and get people outside our community involved. It could be just the sort of activity that many might be very keen to tackle…

How many of us remember the days of being able to exercise – and miss it dearly!

Millions of people at varying degrees of illness severity struggle to do physical things. Some people with ME/CFS barely have the strength to feed themselves or sit up in bed.

So many struggle maintaining a sitting upright position for long, doing basic activities of daily living like showering, cooking, or going out to get groceries. This doesn’t take into account the cognitive difficulties and many other common symptoms. This new challenge, however, seeks to highlight a key problem with exertion and energy for people with ME/CFS, in a way that can also spark conversation about other difficulties so many with the illness face daily."

Do you have family or friends that would be keen to take up the challenge for a good cause? Do you know a sports team or local society that would want to do this for fun?

CHECK OUT THE CHALLENGE!
http://microbediscovery.org/2016/10/03/the-stair-challenge-to-raise-awareness-and-funds-for-mecfs/

CFS_for_19_years

Hoarder of biscuits
https://stairchallenge.wordpress.com
This Stair Challenge Project is to raise awareness of the illness and funds for that research, we are working with the Microbe Discovery crowd funding effort and all funds raised are to go directly to the study at Columbia.

The Challenge:
1) If Healthy* — Run (or walk, as able) up and down stadium steps, as many sections as you can, to exhaustion. Take a video or photo of the last few steps, stopping, and initial recovery. Imagine for a few moments, that you could not recover — you would constantly feel weak, shaky, exhausted, as you do at the end. Most with ME/CFS cannot recover as a healthy person would, from the usual, not challenging exertion.
Those unable to do stadia, may do stairs in a bldg or house. Those unable to do stairs at all, may choose something else, e.g., Run or bicycle up hills, etc.. But, if you are otherwise healthy, try to make it wearing.
*If you are not healthy, sit in a chair or bed, send a donation, and post something to challenge friends, especially healthy friends.
2) After the exertion, go to the link on the “Donations” page and make a gift by credit card or check, for as much as you can, to fund research for people who do feel this way much of the time, without even doing any stairs.
3) Post your video (FB, incl the Stair Challenge FB page: https://www.facebook.com/StairChallenge/ , Twitter, U-Tube, etc..) and tag 3 or more friends you want to join the challenge. You may say how many stadia you ran, how many dollars you gave, or not. Up to you.