• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

An article on toxic wheat

Martial

Its better to just cut wheat out entirely, even if you are not sensitive to gluten directly its still an inflammatory food, for people with pre existing inflammation and health issues it puts more burden on the body. There is also not much in the way of nutrition you get from wheat that you can't do without it from other sources.

Snowdrop

Rebel without a biscuit
Its better to just cut wheat out entirely, even if you are not sensitive to gluten directly its still an inflammatory food, for people with pre existing inflammation and health issues it puts more burden on the body. There is also not much in the way of nutrition you get from wheat that you can't do without it from other sources.

I have reduced my wheat intake in any case and plan to continue.
It's just that I cheat. Recently it's been Perogies (only a few as a side dish). I hadn't had perogies in a long time.
And recently I spent over a month living with my mother and her husband. Both are over 80 and neither worry about what they eat.
It's so disheartening to be part of the generation that are test subjects for modern agra business.

Martial

I have reduced my wheat intake in any case and plan to continue.
It's just that I cheat. Recently it's been Perogies (only a few as a side dish). I hadn't had perogies in a long time.
And recently I spent over a month living with my mother and her husband. Both are over 80 and neither worry about what they eat.
It's so disheartening to be part of the generation that are test subjects for modern agra business.

And also have to spend ridiculously high amounts of money for organic produce, its like you are fully aware of the neuro toxic crap in some pesticide ridden foods but some people can't afford to eat different. Definitely paying attention to the clean fifteen and dirty dozen lists is enough but it still pisses me off, having to subject an entire world community to the potential huge health risks it imposes because of greed.

Snowdrop

Rebel without a biscuit
I have a short little attention span. I forgot the article said that sensitive people managed when eating wheat in Europe.
But don't they use the same wheat source?

@Gondwanaland Have you read the book mentioned in the video?
It almost makes you not want to know.

@Martial This is second hand because I don't do the groceries but my husband tells me that recently the price of organic produce is not that different from the regular produce. At least here in Toronto.

Martial

I have a short little attention span. I forgot the article said that

@Martial This is second hand because I don't do the groceries but my husband tells me that recently the price of organic produce is not that different from the regular produce. At least here in Toronto.

Ahh man I wish that was the case here, I pay at least an extra like 200 a month. Wouldn't be horrible if I made more money but I can't work much because of being sick.

Snowdrop

Rebel without a biscuit
Ahh man I wish that was the case here, I pay at least an extra like 200 a month. Wouldn't be horrible if I made more money but I can't work much because of being sick.

Well, in fairness, toronto being where it is it it probably cost more in transport than the cost of growing the stuff. So it's probably all relatively expensive. Fortunately, I don't eat that much.

Gondwanaland

I@Gondwanaland Have you read the book mentioned in the video?
It almost makes you not want to know.
I don't remember, what book?

I remember that I councluded that the real reason to go on a paleo diet is because it excludes everything from a commercial crop, and not the evolutionary bedtime stories.

Little Bluestem

All Good Things Must Come to an End
And also have to spend ridiculously high amounts of money for organic produce, its like you are fully aware of the neuro toxic crap in some pesticide ridden foods but some people can't afford to eat different.
Part of the reason for using the toxic pesticides is to produce cheap food.

Gondwanaland

Besides the glyphosate, the other epigenetic/environmental factors I've been looking into are
- folic acid enrichment
- viral and bacterial infections
- solar storms
- South Atlantic Anomaly
- yep, I am that crazy
- metal burden

Right now I am asking myself if gut bacteria aren't more important than genetic SNPs