• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

An antimalarial extract from neem leaves is antiretroviral.

Dreambirdie

work in progress
I tried a mix of ayurvedic anti-virals back in the 90s, and I can't remember if neem was in the formula....? It worked well for a while, but then lost it's effectiveness, which is the case with all the herbal anti-virals I've taken. It seems like they kill off a big batch of the viruses, but the ones that survive mutate and rapidly multiply. That's why it's always a good idea to change the formula after 6-8 weeks.

I would consider trying some neem again, but I'd like to know which product is the safest, cleanest (as in organic and free of toxins), and most effective.

Plum

This is a wonderful idea/suggestion. I know artemisia is used not only to treat malaria but also to prevent becoming infected and it's what I used when I went to India.

When I have some energy I will look into this as I think it's a fantastic idea.

Ema

Let me just tell you that the neem bug spray I bought has the most vile smell ever! It smells like stew meat that has been left out overnight. I'm not even a vegetarian but GAG! It certainly was a repellent.

But maybe it would be more tolerable as a pill...

I bought it from this place which seems reputable. I suppose they can't be faulted for the way it smells naturally.

http://neemtreefarms.com/botanical-outdoor-spray-p-157.html

Ema

Plum

Yeah it is yuk! You can use it as a natural flea/tick repellent on dogs too apparently. Hope the pills go well.

golden

Yeah it is yuk! You can use it as a natural flea/tick repellent on dogs too apparently. Hope the pills go well.

Oh i am looking at more ways to get rid of fleas ...may give this a try.

Dr.myhill sells neem products.

I used to voluntarily use and like Neem soap :)

Plum

Oh i am looking at more ways to get rid of fleas ...may give this a try.

Dr.myhill sells neem products.

I used to voluntarily use and like Neem soap :)

I tried a lot of natural remedies for ticks this season but it got too bad so I had to use chemicals. Essential oils are good.

I think taking neem internally can also keep bugs away from you as it comes out of your pores. Fresh garlic is good too but you have to swallow it whole.

golden

Thanks. Lavender is bad for cats i am told.

i am going to start a thread in the community lounge - :)

Ema

I think taking neem internally can also keep bugs away from you as it comes out of your pores.
Ha! I think it would keep all people you might want to have a relationship with away from you too! Maybe we should post this on the dating thread. LOL!

Ema