Severe ME Day of Understanding and Remembrance: Aug. 8, 2017
Determined to paper the Internet with articles about ME, Jody Smith brings some additional focus to Severe Myalgic Encephalomyelitis Day of Understanding and Remembrance on Aug. 8, 2017 ...
Discuss the article on the Forums.

Amy Reed, Doctor Who Fought a Risky Medical Procedure, Dies at 44

Discussion in 'Other Health News and Research' started by Orla, May 27, 2017.

1. Orla

Orla Senior Member

Ireland
    Awful story about how a women and her husband were treated after they raised questions about a medical procedure. Worth reading for any woman who is undergoing Fibroid surgery as it has information on that.

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/05/24/...hone-share&referer=http://m.facebook.com&_r=1

2. Mary

Mary Senior Member

Southern California
    @Orla - hard to "like" this story, but thanks for posting --- it's horrific and illuminating. I think I have lost all respect for the medical establishment. This happened awhile ago, but this is just further confirmation. They truly don't seem to have our best interests at heart but instead are ruled by ego and money.

3. Orla

Orla Senior Member

Ireland
    Yes it is very worrying how they behaved, the sort of closing ranks against a perceived threat.

I was watching a documentary "What the health" and in it the director was going to do a bit of filming on a hospital campus (the plan was to interview a surgeon). The film is basically plugging a plant-based diet which can help with a lot of common conditions in the US such as heart-disease and obesity, and sometimes patients can avoid surgeries by following the diet. When the director arrived at the hospital he was told he could no longer do the interview, as the hospital made money off the procedures and they couldn't allow anything that negatively affected the hospital income.

It was a bit shocking to see them admit to this so readily.

Last edited: May 27, 2017

See more popular forum discussions.