1. Patients launch $1.27 million crowdfunding campaign for ME/CFS gut microbiome study.
    Check out the website, Facebook and Twitter. Join in donate and spread the word!
Ergonomics and ME/CFS: Have You Hurt Yourself Without Knowing It?
Having a chronic illness like ME/CFS can make it hard to avoid problems that come from bad ergonomics. Jody Smith has learned some lessons the hard way ...
Discuss the article on the Forums.

Amy Dockser Marcus on Ila Singh's paper and Lipkin study

Discussion in 'Media, Interviews, Blogs, Talks, Events about XMRV' started by urbantravels, Nov 4, 2010.

1. urbantravels

urbantravels disjecta membra

Los Angeles, CA
    http://blogs.wsj.com/health/2010/11/04/whats-next-for-x-as-in-xmrv/

2. Sasha

Sasha Fine, thank you

UK
    Thanks, urban - we should all visit Amy's page so her bosses on the WSJ can see the hits and let's leave her some positive comments as well. I just left one.

I thought this was interesting: "The guidance comes at an opportune moment. W. Ian Lipkin, the Columbia University-based virus hunter tasked by the government with resolving some of the XMRV questions, is convening a meeting this week."

I wonder what sort of meeting, and with whom?
  3. Merry

Merry Senior Member

Columbus, Ohio, USA
    Thank you for posting the link, urbantravels.

And thank you, Sasha, for the suggestion to leave a comment about the article.
  4. LaurelW

LaurelW Senior Member

Utah
    Yup, me too. It was hard not to act like a groupie at the OFFER conference in September when I talked to her.
  5. ixchelkali

ixchelkali Senior Member

Long Beach, CA
    So what about this meeting that Ian Lipkin is convening this week? What do we know about it? Like who's invited, and are they going to tell us what comes out of it?
  6. CBS

CBS Senior Member

Western US
    I know of a few key people who are "out of town and unavailable until next week," whatever that means.:innocent1:
  7. George

George waitin' fer rabbits

South Texas
    The meeting this week was mentioned at the CFSAC by Mr Mangan. The phase II portion of the BWG is finished this week and folks are meeting to discuss primers that work in detecting clinical virus. I've been on the edge of my seat all week waiting for the poop, er, scoop. But dag nabit ther hasn't been a peep!
  8. citybug

citybug Senior Member

NY
    Are any of the people patients, or advocates who understand the testing issues?
  9. pictureofhealth

pictureofhealth XMRV - L'Agent du Jour

Europe
    Quote - "Singh tells the Health Blog: “I sent a copy of my paper to Ian.” "

Oh well done Ila! I really like this woman, she is so 'on the ball' and so well organised. I'm feeling v happy to have her doing her excellent research in this field.
  10. pictureofhealth

pictureofhealth XMRV - L'Agent du Jour

Europe
    Yup, it was mentioned a while back that we would get these results from the BWG's Phase 2 in 'early November'. Looks like the main honchos are convening then ...
  11. Otis

Otis Señor Mumbler

USA
    OK, I'm with George. Where the poop, uh scoop, er peep? Any one of those things.
  12. George

South Texas
    Hey ya Otis!!!

I've been haunting every place I can think of and haven't found a peep about the results. Anybody know somebody who knows somebody who's got an inside?????? (batting doggy eyelashes)

ummm, by the way Otis erm, are those like psychedelic titties in your avatar??? (blushing) I've been trying to figure it out for a while now. (grins)
  13. Sasha

Sasha Fine, thank you

UK
    I thought they were cocktail umbrellas but had been too embarrassed to ask (Otis's previous avatar had been a posh data representation method and I had thought it was a teatowel).
  14. Otis

Otis Señor Mumbler

USA
    George, are doggie minds always in the gutter? (big grins)

I like Sasha's interpretation, and George has me looking at things in a new way. ;)

There's really only one "cocktail umbrella" before I mirrored into a double image. It's actually from a photo where someone morphed an incredible stained glass window photo into that funnel shape. The original is pretty cool. I just wanted some color after the black and white BLAST results. So I guess I'm letting my freak flag fly after letting my geek flag fly.

So now, wasn't it better when your imaginations were running wild? Time for a new avatar?
  15. CBS

CBS Senior Member

Western US
    I wasn't embarrassed before but I am now! And I thought that I was too sick to be twisted.
  16. urbantravels

urbantravels disjecta membra

Los Angeles, CA
    As I'm fond of saying, usually after getting busted for expression of my inappropriate ideas...I'm sick, but not DEAD.

How about a nice out-with-the-trash Friday afternoon press release from the BWG letting us all know...something? Anything?
  17. Otis

Otis Señor Mumbler

USA
    I've used that exact expression before urbaltravels.

Perhaps CBS is more sick or we're more twisted. :D The latter is more contagious. :eek: :mask:

Happy to keep everyone's imaginations going! What else do we have most of the time? :rolleyes:
  18. Cort

Cort Phoenix Rising Founder

Raleigh, NC
    By George, I think George has got it. The NHLBI person at the CFSAC meeting said by early Nov this info would be coming out and would be very important to the XMRV story. This fits in with Dr. LeGrices statement to me (three weeks!). Lipkin's study is supposed to used the Blood Working Groups findings to form the protocols for sample collection, storage (and contamination) ...

If CBS knows of missing personages my guess, based on the sphere in which he travels, is that thata could mean Dr. Montoya, Dr. Bateman and/or Dr. Singh :)
  19. alex3619

alex3619 Senior Member

Logan, Queensland, Australia
    Hi urbantravels: but what about undead? ;) Welcome to the Xombie Apocalypse! Everyone is invited. All we are waiting for is official acknowledgment.

Bye, Alex
  20. George

South Texas
    ooohhh Xombi Apocalypse, I like it, it has a nice ring, and after invalidating my mornings I often feel like I've become one of the Xombies. (girns)

Hey Otis, I can't help it I'm short and gutters are kind of at my eye level. (hhhheeeeehhhehe, grins) Besides I like your er, em, thingies. They remind me of mom, need several more though.

See more popular forum discussions.