• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Ampligen success rate?

Kelvin Lord

Ampligen Journalist
Somehow I missed this thread till now. Sorry for the delay. I will quote Laurel almost verbatim...for me Ampligen helped immensely. To read my entire year's journey on Ampligen, including moving from another country to go to the clinic to get the infusions twice a week, and all the "challenges" that involved, go to my blog http://ampligen-treatment.blogspot.com/. The last entry is the victory lap. But you can scroll back to January 2010 when I first started. Warning: This is a very "raw" and candid real-time journal of what I went through. Despite the hurdles, and the side effects, today I can say I am SO glad I made the decision and tried to get Ampligen!

garcia

Aristocrat Extraordinaire
Somehow I missed this thread till now. Sorry for the delay. I will quote Laurel almost verbatim...for me Ampligen helped immensely. To read my entire year's journey on Ampligen, including moving from another country to go to the clinic to get the infusions twice a week, and all the "challenges" that involved, go to my blog http://ampligen-treatment.blogspot.com/. The last entry is the victory lap. But you can scroll back to January 2010 when I first started. Warning: This is a very "raw" and candid real-time journal of what I went through. Despite the hurdles, and the side effects, today I can say I am SO glad I made the decision and tried to get Ampligen!

Kelvin, yours is a fantastic inspiring story (of the kind we sadly have so few of).

I am seriously thinking about following in your footsteps.

I just wanted to ask you, what treatments (if any) will you be doing now to maintain the gains you have made on ampligen? The reason I ask is because there are 100 treatments I would like to do but am too sick to do so. I so desperately would like to get to the position of being able to do those treatments again.

Many thanks!
garcia.

garcia

Aristocrat Extraordinaire
Garcia
What treatments would you like to be in the position to try?
thanks

FIR sauna, chelation (cutler protocol), methylation tx, antivirals, antibiotics, etc. Basically anything that induces die-off/detox and is therefore too stressful for me to tolerate right now.

anncavan

I'm so happy for your improvement Kelvin!! And very excited to hear an update. How have you been doing? Is it hard to not overdo it? I bet it is! Any tricks you use to keep yourself in check? Curious, now that you're off Amp, are you continuing any other sort of treatment or support regimen? Can't wait to hear more...
Lannie

Nielk

I'm glad that everything has been made clear and tidy on this thread because I have an appointment with Dr. Enlader tomorrow morning to discuss taking part of the open($$$$$$) study he is starting.

I think I am going there more confused then ever about Ampligen. Maybe he can give me good advice.

I'll let you guys know what happens.

Nielk

I just came back from Dr. Enlander's office. He spent a long time with me explaining things. He is actually running two open studies now.
The one for Ampligen didn't start yet but, he is also running a study with GcMAF in conjunction with KDM in Belgium. He is actually getting the GcMAF from KDM which he says is a purer form than others. So far, he is already seeing benefits in the patients in his study with very minimal side effects. The study is for 18 weeks with one shot a week simultaneously with his kutapressin (Nexavir) shots.
I'm going to think about it because it is expensive but, I'm leaning towards trying it.

Sushi

Moderation Resource Albuquerque
Nielk,

I you decide to try this, keep in touch as I am doing a similar protocol with De Meirleir and we could compare notes.

I know it is a hard decision!

Best wishes,
Sushi

mojoey

Just started a public ampligen spreadsheet so that we can better monitor the progress of patients on amp. http://tinyurl.com/3zly3ks This crowdsourcing approach has been very helpful for providing a firsthand perspective at the usefulness of GcMaf for ME/CFS.

Please fill it out if you have been on amp or are on amp, and please spread the word to any other patients you know that are the same.

vli

I don't understand why not more patients from Dr Lapp's or Peterson's have spoken here, after all aren't they the earliest centers?

Doesn't the manufacturer Hemispherix Biopharma keep track of this? Their statistics would be worth gold.

Usually small pharma companies that have a compelling product are immediately bought out by bigger ones.