• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Ampligen or Imunovir...Which to choose?

Hi folks, I hope your day is going better than mine. I was wondering which would you choose - Ampligen or Imunovir? Which one has a better track record of success? I can afford either and I can afford Ampligen top-offs if needed. I don't know what to choose. I just want to be as free as possible as fast as possible. 20 years wasted on stuff that just has made me a little bit bitter. Okay, a lot bitter today mainly b/c I hurt like heck and I am so flippin tired of being ME. Thank you ~ Eva.

dsdmom

Since Imunovir is relatively cheap and easy to get compared to Ampligen, why not try that first and see if you have any improvement? If it doesn't work for you, then try the ampligen.

Thanks for the input. I guess my problem is that since Imunovir is easy to get (versus Ampligen which my doctor has only just started dolling out again) I was thinking that I ought to go for the one that is harder to get. Besides, since I have been googling Imunovir and haven't found scads of folks saying either "Imunovir rocks!" or "Imunovir ruined my life!" I thought a bigger gamble (Ampligen) carried the chance of a greater reward. At this point I feel like just saying 'whatever' to any and every query. E.

mojoey,
Thank you for your post. That was a very interesting CBA. However, I think that (for me anyway) Ampligen is the way to go. After a lot of prayer this is what I feel is right. Thank you very much good luck with your protocol. :) E.

mojoey

Good luck Evangelina. My CBA wasn't meant to convince anyone to go any particular route but just to help with the decision making process. Despite what that CBA says, I've strongly considered amp on several occasions and my own parents are pissed off I won't do it. This despite them being purebred financial analysts, so clearly it's not as easy as throwing a bunch of numbers together. If you feel this is right, no one on earth can tell you otherwise. Big treatment decisions require a leap of faith, and leaps of faith require some departure from cold blooded logic.

Best of luck with amp and please keep us posted on how you do.

I will keep you all posted. Thanks for the support. I will be starting infusions end of May. I think I'll take a page out of Kelvin's book and blog about it. Lol. It could be really funny since my system hates medications with a passion! E.

Dolche

Dolche
Hi! Evangelina.I'm a 39 year old. I Just ended my second month of Ampligen 511 trial. It has been very tough on me, my family, and loved ones. I wanted to know if u had started your treatment and how you are doing. I had to lower my dosage because symptoms were overwhelming me. If you would like to talk about it I would love to speak with you..

Dolche

vli

Evangelina... have you started and who are you doing it with????? Dolche--can I ask the same question of you???

Hi Laurel,
Curious: Did you STAY worse with Immunovir?
And I seem to be gathering one has to keep on for several months before the worse potentially turns to better. Wondering how long did you try it? were you worse right away? Most importunately, did you eventually get back to where you were before starting it?
(or is that where Ampligen came in)? thanks for sharing your experience! (Apologies if you've posted about this before!) :thumbsup:

LaurelW

I was only on it for three months. The side effects were so bad I had to stop. I suspect I may have started to improve eventually, but I was so sick I couldn't do it. More than a year later, I started Ampligen, and although the first few months were rough, they were do-able.