1. Patients launch $1.27 million crowdfunding campaign for ME/CFS gut microbiome study.
    Check out the website, Facebook and Twitter. Join in donate and spread the word!
Join the National PR Campaign for ME: Power to the Patient (P2tP)
Have you had enough of all the neglect and abuse of ME/CFS patients? Gabby Klein says now is the time for a National PR Campaign for ME/CFS to impress a change. Join the Patient Revolution to restore power to ME patients ...
Discuss the article on the Forums.

Ampligen approval granted extension by FDA

Discussion in 'General ME/CFS News' started by Nielk, Jan 11, 2012.

1. Firestormm

Firestormm Guest

Cornwall England
    There was a further article posted by The Street on 2 October 2012 that I don't think I posted:

How to Trade Hemispherx Even If You Hate the Stock

Once upon a time, in a galaxy, now far far away, alas and alack, when little old me was engaged in an albeit 'small', but nonetheless professional way with the various stock markets of the world. This was exactly how 'we' (royal we there) treated such companies.

Of course there are those who think that in a small way and as part of one of the 'eggs in your basket' it's worth taking a longer term punt and locking such stock away somewhere, in the religious hope that something might come from their discoveries (though perhaps you are far more likely to end up with stock in a major Pharma purchaser should anything that looks really good turn up!).

Anyway, this article is looking at the stock in terms of trading and not investment per se but it does include some rather interesting (I think) summations of what exactly Hemispherx as a viable company with viable products should be seen as e.g.

Of course the above is GREAT NEWS for traders who will exploit such things to the hilt. Also seems to be perhaps what Hemispherx themselves are now guilty of....

And what's driving any 'faith' in Hemispherx? Obvious answer really:

2. Firestormm

Firestormm Guest

Cornwall England
    [​IMG]

See what I mean? From $1.00 to 0.92 (when company bailed) to 72 cents now. Tsk tsk tsk :(

3. perovyscus

perovyscus

Why not do a retrospective analysis of an objective cognitive endpoint instead?

The only ethical explanation is the FDA would not prefer this.

4. Firestormm

Firestormm Guest

Cornwall England
    RTT News: 26 November 2012: http://www.rttnews.com/2011750/can-...py-ending-to-long-fatiguing-wait.aspx?type=ts

5. Nielk

Nielk

Queens, NY
    Hi Firestormm,

I guess some who know how to play this short term trades can be making a lot of money with this volatile stock.

Firestormm likes this.
  6. Firestormm

Firestormm Guest

Cornwall England
    Here's some comment ahead of the imminent decision from someone claiming to be uniquely qualified:

Am reading it now: 3 December 2012:http://seekingalpha.com/article/1040611-hemispherx-biopharma-a-voice-of-reason-amid-the-din

7. maryb

maryb iherb code TAK122

UK
    Be grateful for a brief summary once you've read it - cheeky I know:)

Firestormm likes this.
  8. Firestormm

Firestormm Guest

Cornwall England
    Will do. Not even sure of this chap's credentials yet. I'll get round to it :)

9. Firestormm

Firestormm Guest

Cornwall England
    I have read it and it's worth persevering with - especially if you a statistical leaning as I know some of us here do :)

However, I don't really have the time to do more than post his conclusion - which is probably all is needed. Needless to say it is positive:

I'll perhaps write and comment more after I've had a decent rest :)

Nielk likes this.
  10. maryb

maryb iherb code TAK122

UK
    Thanks F

11. Firestormm

Firestormm Guest

Cornwall England
    No worries. His is only an opinion don't forget. Unfortunately :)

12. Marlène

Marlène Senior Member

Edegem, Belgium
    Market traders manipulate the news with this kind of news. They are in a business and they want to make money just like any stockholder.

So what they will do before D-day is accumulating buy and sell orders (the market goes up and down a bit) and when the time is right, they will release all their orders (buy or sell).

That's how they make money. They don't care if Ampligen makes it or not.

Firestormm likes this.
  13. Firestormm

Firestormm Guest

Cornwall England
    More comment before D-Day. If you can tolerate the volume:

14. Firestormm

Firestormm Guest

Cornwall England
    Am trying to decide if I am more excited about Amligen (8 days and counting) or Christmas (13 days and counting). Must say Xmas wins by a head in my case :) What about you guys?

I seem to recall that last year we were awaiting an end of XMRV. There must be something about this time of year. Not a nice time for bad news is it? Still it will be good to get this FDA hearing out of the way I suppose - are we expecting a decision on 20th there and then or will it take a while? I think the meeting is a webinair event isn't it?

Should try and post a link I suppose at some point...

15. Firestormm

Firestormm Guest

Cornwall England
    Llewellyn King: 15 December 2012:

16. Firestormm

Firestormm Guest

Cornwall England
  17. Firestormm

Firestormm Guest

Cornwall England
    17 December 2012: http://www.rttnews.com/story.aspx?Id=2024336

18. Firestormm

Firestormm Guest

Cornwall England
    FDA: Doubts Raised by Chronic Fatigue Studies

18 December 2012: http://www.medpagetoday.com/Psychiatry/sleepdisorders/36514

19. dannybex

dannybex Senior Member

Seattle
    There are other reasons, but that 'less than one minute' improvement, is one of the main reasons why I believe it won't be approved. What drug, especially one that costs $2,000 a month, would get approved based on that evidence? And what insurance company would pay for the treatment?

Krill oil, nattokinase, b12, etc., can -- in many, but of course not all cases -- improve one's 'exercise' tolerance by a minute or ten+ minutes -- at a fraction of the cost.

I'd be stunned if it is approved, but happy for those who have found it to be beneficial, like Mary Schweitzer.

20. dannybex

dannybex Senior Member

Seattle

See more popular forum discussions.