• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

AMOXYCILLINE VIOLENT REACTION - HELP PLEASE!

roxie60

@Hanna glad you are doing slightly better. I was always sensitive to supplements and medications but I have been able to take probiotics.

Stand firm regarding your experiences with abx and make sure your dr is on the same page with you. Sometimes drs seem to listen to what we are saying but dont hear us. I recall prepring for surgery and for 2 weeks I kept trying to pin the surgeon down on the pain meds he was going to prescribe, I had bad vomiting with anything codine and many pain meds have codine or derivative. He kept changing his mind, added to my stress of facing surgery but also trying to be besg prepared for post op. Finally the day before hne decided on hydrocodin, I asked isn't that made from codine and he convinced me there would be no problem cause it was a synthetic version. I believed him and paid the price. 6 hours after surgery in severe pain, took the hydrocodin and vomited 30 mins later. To make it worse I tried a second dose, same wretched result. I was angry, once again a doctor did not listen to me or know what he was taking about. Had to call his 800 numbef, wait for call back, drive myself to drugstore and wait for rx. Long story just to say you know your body make sure the dr is hearing you.

Hanna

@roxie60 I relate completely to what you wrote!
The relation with my current Lyme Doc is not simple : as I live in a "no-Lyme land" and there is NO understanding at all for this disease, I had to try the long distance patient route.

That's not easy. Generally Docs refuse to take in charge patients they can't see. We made a compromise as I can't travel at all. He agreed to draw some guidelines for my Lyme treatment because Hubby who is also a MD travelled for me with all the medical info and had an appointment with him.

But I can't say, I can communicate with him easily at all. And he is so overwhelmed with his current Lymees that even calling him by phone is problematic. There is still e-mails...but it doesn't replace direct contact. Hopefully, when something isn't turning right, Hubby can give his point of view...

I have quited ABX untill I can reach the doc. But I don't feel I'll be ready to give to the Amoxycillin "a second chance". 10 days after having stopped the med, I still have a huge itching rash :(.