1. Patients launch a $1.27 million crowdfunding campaign for ME/CFS gut microbiome study.
    Check out the website, Facebook and Twitter. Join in donate and spread the word!
California 2014: IACFS/ME Day Three: Translating Science into Clinical Care: 22 March 2014
Day Three, and Searcher continued to deliver the goods. We hear about the PANDORA national survey results, a very big familial case study from Spain, results from the Canadian Community Health Survey, more results from epidemiological studies (and a look at treatments and...
Discuss the article on the Forums.

Amisulpride for CFS

Discussion in 'Latest ME/CFS Research' started by FunkOdyssey, Apr 3, 2011.

1. FunkOdyssey

FunkOdyssey Senior Member

This strikes me as having potential to not only improve symptoms but also the disease process at a core level, because the negative effects of dopamine on retroviral replication are mediated primarily by the D2 receptor. See the following posts:

Aripiprazole reduces HIV viral load likely via D2 antagonism w/ supporting references

More warning regarding dopaminergic drugs and retroviral infection

Pure speculation: it may even be possible to safely use some of those contraindicated dopaminergic drugs to improve quality of life if you have some adjunctive D2 antagonism on board to mitigate the negative effects.

The following thread contains a fairly comprehensive collection of amisulpride studies at the proposed 50mg dose: Amisulpride Update: still wiping out social phobia. From what I can tell, the only significant side effects at this dose seem to be hyperprolactin'ish endocrine stuff in women. Not clear why it doesn't cause as much trouble for men, I'll have to do more research.
  2. Jenny

Jenny Senior Member

London
    Thanks for posting this Funk. I think it's worth looking into problems in relation to neurotransmitters.

Jenny
  3. knackers323

knackers323 Senior Member

anyone tried this? or know where to get it online?
  4. Snow Leopard

Snow Leopard Senior Member

Australia
    I'm sceptical of this study as the patients were not blinded as to what they were taking and there were no objective results, nor a control group.
  5. Alesh

Alesh Senior Member

Czech Republic, EU
    I have experience with amisulpride: Nothing special with both low or high doses. It causes hyperprolacitnemia, which can be useful in suppressing testosterone, if testosterone causes XMRV to replicate with higher rates.

See more popular forum discussions.