1. Patients launch a $1.27 million crowdfunding campaign for ME/CFS gut microbiome study.
    Check out the website, Facebook and Twitter. Join in donate and spread the word!
Science to Patients: Talking ME, Exercise and the Mitochondria - with Dr Charles Shepherd
The latest video release from the Dutch group ME/cvs Vereniging, with Dr Charles Shepherd from the UK ME Association, and announcing a live chat session to be held Thursday, April 10, 2014...
Discuss the article on the Forums.

Amino Acids

Discussion in 'Detox: Methylation; B12; Glutathione; Chelation' started by topaz, Feb 9, 2012.

1. topaz

topaz Senior Member

I just realised that the iodine supplement that I take includes the following amino acids:

Tyrosine 500mg
    Cystine hydrochloride 25 mg
    Methione 25 mg
    Taurine 25mg

In addition, I also take a separate L-Tyrosine supplement 500 mg.

Is this ok? I know to avoid glutathione but am I correct in assuming that these other amino acids should be fine???
  2. perchance dreamer

perchance dreamer Senior Member

Hi, Topaz. I take Tyrosine also.

For a long time, I took 1000 MG. I tolerated it fine, but then I developed a heart flutter.

My nutritionist told me that excess Tyrosine can cause flutter in some patients and advised me to cut back to 500 MG.

I did, and the flutter went away.

My system is absurdly sensitive, so my experience may be uncommon, but I thought I'd mention it.

See more popular forum discussions.