Severe ME Day of Understanding and Remembrance: Aug. 8, 2017
Determined to paper the Internet with articles about ME, Jody Smith brings some additional focus to Severe Myalgic Encephalomyelitis Day of Understanding and Remembrance on Aug. 8, 2017 ...
Discuss the article on the Forums.

Amino acid question

Discussion in 'General ME/CFS Discussion' started by Azrael, Nov 23, 2015.

1. Azrael

Azrael

Here's a question I been wondering about lately.

I think the question came to exist from reading various sites but the facts are varying.

Main Question:

Is it true to say that ones amino acid metabolism or total efficiency is only as effective as your lowest "one"?

This is really important for me to know, is there real facts that strengthens this theory, anyone on this forum that has a lot of experience with this and can explain easily.

Obviously some amino acids are more important than others and having a deficiency in one or others all give different symptoms.

I have one that was in the grey zone (low) and I assume it still is, but the big question is what is causing it but that is for another thread. If anyone is interested to know which one it is, I'll be glad to post it though.

2. PeterPositive

PeterPositive Senior Member

Hi,
    the lack of one amino acid can restrict the protein formation. If you're running low on leucine and have plenty of the other aminos they will partially go to waste because when you run out of leucine the protein formation is hindered.

Not all amino acids cause these issues, that's why they are classified in "essential", "conditionally essential" and "dispensable"

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Essential_amino_acid

cheers

See more popular forum discussions.