August 8th, 2016: Understanding and Remembrance Day for Severe Myalgic Encephalomyelitis
Jody Smith joins with other ME voices in honor of Understanding and Remembrance Day for Severe Myalgic Encephalomyelitis.
Discuss the article on the Forums.

Amino Acid / Adderall questions...

Discussion in 'Genetic Testing and SNPs' started by miss1521, Feb 17, 2015.

1. miss1521

miss1521

I have decided to wean myself off of Adderall. I know my neurotransmitters are all messed up after 5 years of amphetamine use. I want to know if there are specific Amino Acids I should be using to help. I did my 23andme testing and after running it through Nutrahacker, the app says I shouldn't use Taurine or methyl donors. I'm not sure about sulphur. How do I know for sure which Amino Acids I should avoid using based on my 23andme results? I am worried about taking the wrong ones because I had a very bad reaction to Magnesium Glycinate and I read elsewhere that I shouldn't be using Glutamate or Glycine because of it. I also read that glutamate was good for you because glutamine was low in most people. This is all just so confusing. I don't have a lot of help here in Korea with this sort of thing.

See more popular forum discussions.