• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

America’s Institute of Medicine says sharing data from clinical trials should “become the norm”

Simon

AllTrials – America’s Institute of Medicine says sharing data from clinical trials should “become the norm”
A new report from the US’s Institute of Medicine says sharing of data from clinical trials is in the public interest and should be an integral part of carrying out a clinical trial. The report calls on clinical trial funders, pharmaceutical companies, patient groups, ethics committees, journals and professional bodies to make this happen.

The report concludes that challenges to sharing data – privacy concerns and risks of inappropriate analyses – do not outweigh the benefits and are not barriers to sharing, but practical considerations that can be dealt with.

Gingergrrl

@Dolphin and @Simon Thank you for sharing this and it is great news (if I am understanding it correctly!) This is the philosophy behind the Open Medicine Institute- that info should be shared in order to solve this illness vs. it being a competition between different groups. I think this can only help us in the end.