• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

America’s Hidden Health Crisis: Hope for Those Who Suffer from ME/CFS (posted by CDC)

caledonia

It sounds like they've learned to talk the talk, but are not yet walking the walk.

Although it's odd to hear them say, blah blah, there is no treatment or cure, it's the 25th year of awareness, but there is no acknowledgement of their role in causing that situation. I think the term I'm looking for is "cognitive dissonance" or perhaps "doublespeak".

Unger's five year study is due out this year. Plus I'm not sure what the status is on the working group that was going to end up with the website being updated into (Unger's words) "something everyone will be happy with".

Those will tell you more about the CDC than a blog article.

The NIH is in progress with their study, but again, that's going to be a number of years before we see any results.

In the meantime, Ron Davis has done more in 3 years, than either the NIH or CDC has done in 30.