1. Patients launch a $1.27 million crowdfunding campaign for ME/CFS gut microbiome study.
    Check out the website, Facebook and Twitter. Join in donate and spread the word!
The Chronic Fatigue Initiative and Interview with Mady Hornig
In a follow-up article to the recent IACFS/ME conference presentation in San Francisco, and after speaking at length with Dr. Mady Hornig, 'searcher' delves deeper into the impressive work being completed by the Chronic Fatigue Initiative, and focuses in on those cytokine results ...
Discuss the article on the Forums.

Amazon Ecuadorian shaman Experience healings and medicinal plant treatments

Discussion in 'Other Health News and Research' started by markmc20001, Nov 29, 2011.

1. markmc20001

markmc20001 Guest

I'm not recommending this and have no idea what it is. Found it on facebook and thought it was interesting. Traveling to foreign countries freaks me out when being sick.

Love to try this with a healthier mind/body though.

2. Sushi

Sushi Moderator and Senior Member Albuquerque

Albuquerque
    Hi,

I've heard that there are some really good shamanic treatments in Ecuador...but the good shamans are hard to find and it is doubtful that they advertise!

I believe the founder of Young Living Oils is working in Ecuador as some of the best herbs are available there.

Ecuador has an attractive climate and the cost of living is about 1/4 th of the US. I have actually considered moving there for some of these reasons. At least if you find that you need help with daily tasks, you could probably afford it there. Also, in many regions, everything is organic.

But, since we are sick NOW, the idea of traveling and checking things like this out is truly daunting!

Sushi
  3. markmc20001

markmc20001 Guest

Heya Sushi.

That link I listed advertised shaman healing with medicinal herbs on the website. Different laws I guess.. Maybe it is the Hilton of Equador eco lodges. :eek:)

I think I saw Anthony Bordain go to equador on one of his cooking/travel shows. . He is always getting a buzz on the show. He actually did the shaman ritual on film for a bit and also picked up some coca leaves at the local market.

I've been thinking alot lately about better living alternatives to people with our disease. I think some kind of eco lodge with organic food might be really good for some of us.

I went to an all inclusive mexico resort once while sick. I barely made it to the hotel room after flying down. THought I would lay in bed the whole time while there. However, the sun and salt water really helped me feel better by the end of the week. If everybody had a small room with a microwave, sink, and shower, then a cook could bring by food. Be great to work it out so everything was included at a rate the average person on SSDI gets.

Also enjoy costa rica and hawaii. I would really love to live in a tropical climate. If somebody goes with me, I'll move to costa rica. That place is safe, livable and beautiful.

Mark
  4. markmc20001

markmc20001 Guest

Here is a place that would be a great starting point for an eco lodge healing facility. Long as one didn't have to wrok too much.

http://www.fincalasbrisas.org/
  5. Sushi

Sushi Moderator and Senior Member Albuquerque

Albuquerque
    Also Vilacabamba, Ecuador. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vilcabamba,_Ecuador

There are possibilities but we all would need help putting something like this together. They say you can live "really well" on $900 to $1000 in Ecuador.

Sushi

See more popular forum discussions.