1. Patients launch $1.27 million crowdfunding campaign for ME/CFS gut microbiome study.
    Check out the website, Facebook and Twitter. Join in donate and spread the word!
The Pathway to Prevention (P2P) for ME/CFS: A Dangerous Process
Gabby Klein gives an overview of the P2P process, shedding light on the pitfalls with advice as to what we can do in protest ...
Discuss the article on the Forums.

Amazing "Adrenal Fatigue" insights by Jack Kruse - A problem in the brain?

Discussion in 'Hormones' started by Beyond, Nov 16, 2013.

1. Beyond

Beyond 10% of discount in iHerb!--> PEZ915

Murcia, Spain
    At the end, some of it is in our heads?
    http://www.jackkruse.com/brain-gut-16-adrenal-fatigue-rx/
    Hmm I don´t quite understand. I thought stress caused adrenal fatigue, be it psycholoical, oxidative, whatever... Does stress increase inflammation? (After reading medical literature and coming back)... Of course it does! :nerd:

Needless to say, I am going to read all his Brain-Gut articles and I encourage anyone with adrenal/HPA issues to do the same.

My melatonin is defficient, my IGF-1 is too high.

I actually don´t buy much this guy but he proposes some interesting things. I just hope he is wrong and curing HPA dysregulation is easier than all of that :confused:
    Last edited: Nov 16, 2013
    aimossy likes this.
  2. aimossy

aimossy Senior Member

NZ
    @Beyond I googled leptin........lipkin found leptin and serpin upregulated in his study......adrenal fatigue may be another concept that is too crude for lots of us.......the more I read the more complicated it gets but also interesting.:)
    Beyond and rosie26 like this.
  3. heapsreal

heapsreal iherb 10% discount code OPA989,

australia (brisbane)
    i have posted a few of his things on here, some of it is interesting some of it is just way above me and just a theory of his, interesting all the same.
    aimossy likes this.
  4. dannybex

dannybex Senior Member

Seattle
    Nothing really new. The HPA axis…hypothalamus-pituitary-adrenal…two of those are in the brain. :)
  5. Beyond

Murcia, Spain
    Yeah @aimossy and @heapsreal you both are right but the most interesting is his theory of Adrenal Fatigue being the result of inflammation. I do not buy that what he says of EMF causing it, because most of people are functional. Mine appeared after specific negative events/triggers and worsened over time because of the stress the body endures with sleep deprivation, leaky gut/autoimmunity, psychological pressure etc
  6. heapsreal

australia (brisbane)
    As dannybex mentions, most of it isnt unique but what i find is he sort of puts it all together and theorizes how all these relate to each other. For me it sort of cemented everything i was already doing from googling madly for years. He does have experience of treating many others with these theories. I dont think he has the answer to cfs/me but some of the suggestions can definately help.
  7. aimossy

aimossy Senior Member

NZ
    @Beyond and @heapsreal I hadn't actually read through the link posted....I just did a quick skim of it just now and saw that its mentioning leptin lol.....im going to try read it when my brain is not so seized. thanks for posting the link @Beyond.:)
    rosie26, heapsreal and Beyond like this.
  8. heapsreal

australia (brisbane)
    Aimossy I think leptin in so closely related to the function of insulin and its sensitivity and dopamine. Other things we do to improve them will help leptin??
  9. aimossy

aimossy Senior Member

NZ
    I replied heaps then lost the draft,loll....hormones are a symphony involving the whole body and brain and receptors and powerful and complicated.you will probably be right.leptin is involved in the symphony.....I think its hormone and relates to hunger and energy among a bucket load of other things that's why its seems so interesting what lipkin found I only looked it up a bit today after chatting to someone about it last night.
    be wary of this Krus guy though, people selling products using and image or theory.....hope some of our super brains on the forum help critique it.
    mines gone now lol
    try tomorrow.:)o_O
    rosie26, heapsreal and Beyond like this.
  10. Beyond

Murcia, Spain
    Yeah Kruse is fishy. I am neither at the level of those writings however I will cure my adrenal fatigue! You don´t need to be a scientist to do so. It is pretty covered how to cure it. The keys are adrenals and gut it seems, one needs the other to heal. I don´t know if methylation is more or less important than these.
    Last edited: Nov 17, 2013
  11. aimossy

aimossy Senior Member

NZ
    I cant even read through this Jack Krus site its too confusing.my brain cant handle it.
    Beyond likes this.
  12. Beyond

Murcia, Spain
    I know. We don´t need him, curing is easier than all of that.

See more popular forum discussions.