Severe ME Day of Understanding and Remembrance: Aug. 8, 2017
Determined to paper the Internet with articles about ME, Jody Smith brings some additional focus to Severe Myalgic Encephalomyelitis Day of Understanding and Remembrance on Aug. 8, 2017 ...
Discuss the article on the Forums.

Alternatives to equilibrant?

Discussion in 'General ME/CFS Discussion' started by tdog333, Aug 24, 2016.

1. tdog333

tdog333 Senior Member

Equilibrant works really well for me(been taking it 2 years) but over the last 3 months ive been having DAILY migraines. I think ive traced it back to equilibrant.

I think it's the high calcium content in equilibarant ( my blood calcium is already in the higher range on lab tests).

Are there any alternatives to equilibrant? I start to relapse without it, but the daily migraines are horrible.

Thanks all!

2. Mary

Mary Senior Member

Southern California
    @tdog333 - Equilibrant did nothing for me and Dr. Chia also recommended inosine, which did help me some. I don't know how inosine would compare to equilibrant, but you might give it a try --

Jennifer J and tdog333 like this.
  3. halcyon

halcyon Senior Member

You could try buying the ingredients separately to avoid the calcium, though dosing is trickier since you don't know how much of each is in the Equilibrant.

I've found rutin and fisetin seem to have an effect as well, though it's hard to say how much since I'm taking them along with a ton of other stuff.

Jennifer J and tdog333 like this.
  4. tdog333

tdog333 Senior Member

@Mary Thanks, I will try that, I've never tried inosine. Is there a recommended dosage for people with CFS?

5. tdog333

tdog333 Senior Member

@halcyon I was thinking about doing something like that. The "proprietary blend" makes things tricky. Is there any estimate as to the amount of oxymatrine in equilibrant?

6. halcyon

halcyon Senior Member

You might find this instructive. Based on this, my guess is that 6 pills contains about 1g of oxymatrine, but I could be totally wrong.

7. halcyon

halcyon Senior Member

Dr. Chia had me take 500mg once a day but he may not use the same dosage for everyone.

8. Mary

Mary Senior Member

Southern California
    In general I was taking two 500 mg. capsules a day. I arrived at this dose through muscle testing. I can't remember what Dr. Chia recommended, but I think it was around this dose.

Here's an article by Dr. Cheney about how to take immune modulators. He talks about how to take Isoprinosine, which contains inosine (and 2 other things), and why pulsing is important. I'm afraid I didn't pulse as he directs, and I know there's some dispute about pulsing, but I think it's worth looking at (how's that for a non-answer! :rolleyes:)
    http://www.anapsid.org/cnd/diagnosis/cheneyis.html

See more popular forum discussions.