1. Patients launch a $1.27 million crowdfunding campaign for ME/CFS gut microbiome study.
    Check out the website, Facebook and Twitter. Join in donate and spread the word!
Never Ask Us if We're Hungry -- The Answer's Always No
There are three of us here and for many years, none of us ever got hungry. When our brains would turn to mush, when our faces would go numb, and we would start the invisible vibration which is the signature dance of ME/CFS, we knew we needed to eat.
Discuss the article on the Forums.

Alternative Ways of Administering High Dose Vitamin B12

Discussion in 'Detox: Methylation; B12; Glutathione; Chelation' started by Hip, Apr 23, 2011.

1. Lotus97

Lotus97 Senior Member

United States
    That happened to me, but with a different brand and it wasn't pink (I'm assuming the Jarrow one is pink unless there was some minor bleeding which is certainly possible). I'm guessing (at least for me) it is just some byproduct of the sublingual although I don't know what's going on in your case.
  2. chrismac

chrismac

I have been using fredds b12 protocol for about 2 months now and have made some good improvements. But holding a sublingual under my lounge for 2+ hours wasn’t practice. So I thought about some better ways to administer the active b12’s.
    Here’s what I do. Crush the b12 sublinguals into a powder using a small mortar and pestle, add a little bit of water, suck it up with an oral syringe, stick it up the rectum and squirt it. Its easy as, fantastic method. If you don’t use the bathroom for a bit, all the liquid gets absorbed fairly quickly. Never had any problems. I think the absorption must be very high.

Recently I have ben crushing the sublingual and snorting it. I think this method gives me the best mental energy. It burns, but it’s worth it.
    I think these two methods fantastic.
  3. Lotus97

Lotus97 Senior Member

United States
    How are you able to hold a sublingual under your tongue for so long?
  4. chrismac

chrismac

I mean sublinguals. When the first one or two dissolve put a few more in. I break them in quarters put some up the gum and some under the tongue for 2h.
  5. Lotus97

Lotus97 Senior Member

United States
    Recently I've been dissolving Perque's Hydroxocobalamin in my nasal spray bottle. Any idea what the absorption rate would be. At first I was thinking it would be similar to snorting it, but now I'm not so sure. If you snort the powder it stays in your nasal cavity for a period of time, but with the nasal spray it drips down pretty quickly. I've only been using around 500-750 mcg per 1 oz bottle which takes at least a few days to finish so maybe my dosage is too low. I was afraid of taking too much B12, but now I think I'm being too cautious.
  6. Hip

Hip Senior Member

I found that when I put B12 hydroxocobalamin drops (1000 mcg per drop) directly my my nasal cavity — which you can do easily just by arching your back and looking right up at the ceiling, then dropping the drops in your nasal cavity with a pipette — I could fit a maximum of around 3 drops per cavity. Any more than 3, and it would run down the back of my throat.

But this is OK; if you have a B12 liquid with 1000 mcg per drop, then that's around 6000 mcg in total.
  7. forbius

forbius

Suppository is a simultaneously excellent and crappy method of methyl-B12 delivery (very slow and prolonged, and you don't lose any of it unless you pass solids) and it has also convinced me from the subjective reactions I get that the Methyl-B12 (and metafolin) react on contact with mercury vapor in the mouth.

Also (this is not the thread I wanted to post it in, but I can't remember where it was that I wanted to insert the reply) calcium folinate is (again from subjective experience and pattern observation) the most potent folate booster and equally potent methyl-thief.

Whether it's bad or good for you would, I imagine, depend on the particular homeostatic equilibrium your body is at at present. It wreaks havoc on me, bringing my neurological 'weirdness' and motor tics into overdrive more than any other substance.
    Last edited: Jan 29, 2014

See more popular forum discussions.