Phoenix Rising: The Gift That Keeps on Giving All Year Long
This holiday season Jody Smith turns her eyes to the people of Phoenix Rising and gives thanks for you all ...
Discuss the article on the Forums.

Alternative to Normix?

Discussion in 'The Gut: De Meirleir & Maes; H2S; Leaky Gut' started by Ninan, May 4, 2017.

1. Ninan

Ninan Senior Member

I've been prescribed the two weeks Normix, two weeks probiotics treatment by KDM but found my adrenals crash from Normix. I got a lot ef extra energy (stimulation?) and then when I quit they got much worse. Also immunity seems to have gone down which makes my chlamydia p. or whatever it is wake up.

Anyone know of a good herbal alternative to Normix? Something that doesn't stimulate (or "support", just makes mine worse) adrenals and isn't very estrogenic?

2. Valentijn

Valentijn WE ARE KINA

@Ninan - I'm not sure how Normix would be doing any stimulating, including of the adrenal glands. It literally is not absorbed by the body, and is only effective in the GI tract.

3. Ninan

Ninan Senior Member

It's pretty well known that abx is hard on adrenals and mine are very sensitive. I think it may have affected my immunity in some way and that gave my body energy which stimulated my adrenals to produce more cortisol. My adrenal situation is pretty complicated and extreme atm. Anyway, it doesn't really matter, it's very obvious I don't tolerate it. Do you know any alternatives to Normix?

4. justy

justy Donate Advocate Demonstrate

U.K
    Rifaximin?

5. Marc_NL

Marc_NL Moved to S4ME.info

The other forum
    They are the same :)

Ninan likes this.
  6. Ninan

Ninan Senior Member

Yes, and I need something herbal. All abx seem have this side effect for me.

7. justy

justy Donate Advocate Demonstrate

U.K
    oops, sorry!

8. Ninan

Ninan Senior Member

Otherwise it would be the perfect alternative. :rolleyes:

9. ljimbo423

ljimbo423 Senior Member

United States, New Hampshire
    Hi Ninan- Berberine and oil of oregano are two very good herbal alternatives to Rifaximin. There was a study done with candibactin-ar and candibactin-br.

The two main ingredients of which are berberine and oil of oregano. The study found the herbs to be at least as effective as Rifaximin. Here is the link

Ninan likes this.
  10. Ninan

Ninan Senior Member

Thanks! :thumbsup: I'll try berberine and hope it's not as high sal as oregano oil.

ljimbo423 likes this.
  11. Aubry

Aubry

I get from KDM: FC Cidal and Disbiocide (Biotics research) as alternative for Normix

12. dadouv47

dadouv47 Senior Member

Belgium
    Helen and Marc_NL like this.

See more popular forum discussions.