1. Patients launch $1.27 million crowdfunding campaign for ME/CFS gut microbiome study.
    Check out the website, Facebook and Twitter. Join in donate and spread the word!
Phoenix Rising Adds Two New Board Members
Mark Berry introduces the new President of Phoenix Rising, Dr. Gary Solomon, and welcomes Professor Jonathan Edwards to the Phoenix Rising Board of Directors.
Discuss the article on the Forums.

alternative to florinef?

Discussion in 'Problems Standing: Orthostatic Intolerance; POTS' started by alice111, Aug 10, 2014.

1. PNR2008

PNR2008 Senior Member

OH USA
    I was always careful with licorice because of the same reason @SickOfSickness.

2. Ema

Ema Senior Member

Midwest USA
    Who is she?

DGL has had all the active ingredient removed so it's basically useless.

http://drholly.typepad.com/licorice/

Sushi likes this.
  3. SickOfSickness

SickOfSickness Senior Member

US
    Sarah Ballantyne, PhD in her book "The Paleo Approach: Reverse Autoimmune Disease and Heal Your Body".

Obviously book is focused on people with autoimmune conditions which most of us probably have. I have seen places say ME and CFS are autoimmune. Also in a FB group for autoimmune paleo, they indicate if you have food allergies that is autoimmune, including any gluten sensitivity disorder.

The book is long with very many references at the end, but I don't know if any references are given regarding licorice. I have not researched further.

Thanks for that reference about DGL being ineffective. Personally I will avoid licorice in either form.

See more popular forum discussions.