1. Patients launch $1.27 million crowdfunding campaign for ME/CFS gut microbiome study.
    Check out the website, Facebook and Twitter. Join in donate and spread the word!
Did You Have Yourself a Crashy Little Christmas?
Jody Smith may have dodged a holiday bullet this year. She's hoping. Only time will tell. How did you fare?
Discuss the article on the Forums.

Alternative for rituximab,

Discussion in 'XMRV Testing, Treatment and Transmission' started by ikke2001be, Nov 24, 2011.

1. ikke2001be

ikke2001be

Belgium
  2. Jenny

Jenny Senior Member

London
    Some of us got a lot worse on LDN, and it's not usually available from GPs in the UK.

There are several threads on people's experience with LDN.

Jenny

3. redo

redo Senior Member

This thread really doesn't belong in the "XMRV Testing, Treatment and Transmission" section.

4. undcvr

undcvr Senior Member

NYC
    I am looking into low dose Methotrexate as a cheaper and safer alternative to Rituximab

5. redo

redo Senior Member

Theoretically I think you're right. But when in vivo, it hasn't shown to benefit the patients particularly (See PubMed ID 19566965). I think there's more potential in exploring safe immunmodulators known to help MS patients or RA patients, which haven't been used in a trial yet, without a positive outcome. Although, the study with MTX was small (3 patients) so I wouldn't rule out that MTX could work.

See more popular forum discussions.