1. Patients launch $1.27 million crowdfunding campaign for ME/CFS gut microbiome study.
    Check out the website, Facebook and Twitter. Join in donate and spread the word!
Nitric oxide and its possible implication in ME/CFS (Part 1 of 2)
Andrew Gladman explores the current and historic hypotheses relating to nitric oxide problems in ME/CFS. Part 1 of a 2-part series puts nitric oxide under the microscope and explores what it is, what it does and why it is so frequently discussed in the world of ME/CFS. Part 1 focuses...
Discuss the article on the Forums.

Altered functional B cell subset populations in patients with chronic fatigue syndrome compared to h

Discussion in 'Rituximab: News and Research' started by Firestormm, Mar 14, 2013.

1. Firestormm

Firestormm Guest

Cornwall England

August59 and heapsreal like this.
  2. Firestormm

Firestormm Guest

Cornwall England
  3. Ema

Ema Senior Member

Midwest USA
    "Patients with CFS do not have hypogammaglobulinaemia, predisposition to recurrent bacterial infections or symptoms of autoimmunity."

How did they determine this, I wonder?

It certainly doesn't fit my profile at all considering I have all three.

Ema

August59 likes this.
  4. Mark

Mark Acting CEO

Sofa, UK
    Really?

(PO Behan, WMH Behan. Crit Rev Neurobiol 1988: 4:2:157-178)

(Anthony L. Komaroff. Chronic Fatigue Syndromes: Relationship to Chronic Viral Infections. In: Persistent Herpes Infections: Current Techniques for Diagnosis; Ed: Gerhardt RF Krueger, Dharham Ablashi and Robert C Gallo, Pub: Elsevier Press 1988)

(The CFIDS Chronicle, Spring 1988)

(Professor Nancy Klimas, A Physician's Forum - CFIDS: The Diagnosis of a Distinct Illness: The CFIDS Association, September 1992)

...etc etc...

(Dr Gordon Broderick. http://www.research1st.com/2011/10/21/broderick)

5. lansbergen

lansbergen Senior Member

August59 likes this.
  6. Gemini

Gemini Senior Member

Mark, like your historical references & would add:

"Alterations in the humoral response of patients with CFS have been found...These aberrations might represent polyclonal B-cell activation, as EBV is a potent polyclonal stimulator of B-cells(2). We found elevated B-cells, including B-cells that expressed the T1(CD5) marker, a subset that has been reported to be elevated in patients with autoimmune disorders(19). B-cell activity is regulated by an intricate balance between T-helper and T-supressor lymphocytes, as well as by NK cells. The depletion of the CD4+CD45RA+ Tinf cell subset in our patients may favor an alteration of B-cell regulation as a result of inactive suppressor cells. The NK cell deficiency observed in most subjects would also contribute to B-cell regulatory disturbance, since a primary physiologic role of the NK cell is thought to be B-cell regulation(1).

(Immunologic Abnormalities in Chronic Fatigue Syndrome, Klimas N, Salvato F, Morgan, R, Fletcher, M, Journal of Clinical Microbiology, June 1990.)

See more popular forum discussions.