1. Patients launch a $1.27 million crowdfunding campaign for ME/CFS gut microbiome study.
    Check out the website, Facebook and Twitter. Join in donate and spread the word!
The Fable known as The PACE Trial
Graham, Janelle and Bob, have once again excelled themselves with their latest take on the 'poisoned apple' that was the PACE Trial...
Discuss the article on the Forums.

Alpha Lipoic Acid

Discussion in 'Detox: Methylation; B12; Glutathione; Chelation' started by slayadragon, Mar 27, 2010.

1. dannybex

dannybex Senior Member

Seattle
    This is just a guess of course, but I think Cutler would suggest that yes, the doses were too high, but more importantly, that they weren't taken every 3-4 hours (for 3 days, 2 nigihts, and then a 10 day-2 week break). ALA has a very short half life in the body, so it must be taken frequently to keep the mercury (or other heavy metal) moving out of the body.

He also says that about 10% of PWC's have trouble with methylb12.

:confused:
  2. dannybex

dannybex Senior Member

Seattle
    Another toxic chemical that can pass the blood-brain barrier is FLUORIDE. Just started looking into this, but it's truly frightening, and could possibly be a big part of the puzzle for some of us.

Google 'fluoride' and 'toxic' -- and you'll pull up lots of info. Add in 'fibromyalgia' or even CFS -- or "blood brain barrier" and see what you get...

I'm currently switching to bottled water for 4-5 days...see if I notice a difference, even though it can take months in some cases...

d.
  3. slayadragon

slayadragon Senior Member

twitpic.com/photos/SlayaDragon
    >This is just a guess of course, but I think Cutler would suggest that yes, the doses were too high, but more importantly, that they weren't taken every 3-4 hours (for 3 days, 2 nigihts, and then a 10 day-2 week break). ALA has a very short half life in the body, so it must be taken frequently to keep the mercury (or other heavy metal) moving out of the body.

An interesting thought.

How does this reconcile with the positive effects that some doctors report as a result of using IV ALA in high doses on (for instance) a weekly basis?

A "Moldie" friend of mine gets these from Dr. Berkson (an M.D. who's also a Ph.D. mycologist) in Las Cruces, NM. She says they've been extremely helpful for her, and that many other patients of his report good-to-wonderful results.

Best, Lisa
  4. dannybex

dannybex Senior Member

Seattle
    Hi Lisa...

Just another guess again, but perhaps your friend doesn't have any mercury -- or at least high levels -- in her system?

I've read of many others who take it once a day, or once every few days, without problems -- especially helps with diabetic neuropathy -- but, perhaps some of these people don't have heavy metal issues.

Just. A. Guess. :Retro smile:

See more popular forum discussions.