Invisible Illness Awareness Week 2016: Our Voices Need to Be Heard
Never heard of Invisible Illness Awareness Week? You're not alone. Jody Smith sheds a little light to make it more visible
Discuss the article on the Forums.

Alopecia + Xeljanz

Discussion in 'Other Health News and Research' started by SDSue, Jun 21, 2014.

1. SDSue

SDSue Southeast

Florida
    Maybe if we shave our heads we can be taken seriously and finally get some additional trials going. Who's with me?

Side note: Google alopecia + psychogenic, and you'll see that alopecia is still considered a psych condition by the Overlords of Psychology. (Insert cursing here)

Jennifer J, Thinktank and Valentijn like this.
  2. CaptainA

CaptainA

So I know that this thread is super old but I wanted to mention that I'm currently being seen by one of the top ME/CFS doctors in the world and they mentioned using this drug.

SDSue likes this.
  3. Gingergrrl

Gingergrrl Senior Member

USA
    Was just curious, in what context is your ME/CFS doctor using this drug? Is it for something autoimmune similar to RTX or totally different?

4. CaptainA

CaptainA

I honestly have no idea. I can say that he is very focussed on CMV and the viral aspect of ME/CFS. At the end of our last appointment I just asked what the newest thing they are working on was he quietly mentioned this along with saying that they have big hopes for it. I'm seeing him in a couple of months and will be asking more info.

Gingergrrl likes this.
  5. Gingergrrl

Gingergrrl Senior Member

USA
    Interesting and thanks!

6. CaptainA

CaptainA

@Gingergrrl I've looked for the medication online to buy but haven't found it. It doesn't seem to have a ton of side effects so I was thinking about trying it myself. I might just wait until I hear back from the Dr./Prof. before I go it alone

7. Gingergrrl

Gingergrrl Senior Member

USA
    I would wait to get more info (if it was me) so you'd know why they are looking at this med and if you are a good candidate for it. But I am more cautious until I am fairly certain the risk/benefit is worth it.

See more popular forum discussions.