• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Allergy diagnosis and treatment

I have recently gone through allergy assessment and begun sublingual immunotherapy treatment (allergy drops). Since I have started the drops I have been even more exhausted. I am wondering if anyone else has had such an experience.

Also, I have been reading about controversies surrounding the IgG blood test and am wondering if the things that I have assumed are sensitivities for me (gluten, wheat, dairy, corn) actually are. I have been experimenting with eliminating and reintroducing items and thought that it reinforced them as a problem, but now that I seem exhausted no matter what, I am not as sure.

I did some reading in this forum before posting this and I didn't see anyone else talk about allergy drops. I apologize if I missed it and it has been covered. I did see some people talking about their experiences with allergy assessment and treatment. If anyone wanted to post updates on favorite ways of doing either, I would be interested. If that is covered better elsewhere, please point me in that direction. Thank you.

xrunner

Hi @Ella66
you didn't say what kind of allergy assessment you had...
In my case the most accurate type of testing was intradermal while skin and blood testing wasn't that reliable but my symptoms were more like sensitivities/MCS rather than allergy.
sublingual immunotherapy treatment (allergy drops)
I have never tried that kind of immunotherapy but I have tried an antigen vaccine and the reaction was the opposite to the one you described. It shouldn't make you worse if it works as it's supposed to.
I'd take a break and see what happens.
Best wishes.